"Just buy a Spider Valve and be done with it..."

guitarbilly74

• Members

... is what a friend of mine told me today when I mentioned I was having noise problems hooking up all my effects to my 2-amp set-up.

He then added "It gives you a world class Bogner tone along with the best effects in the market, plus it's quiet and easy to set up"

how would you respond to that??

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I'd call him a noob then explain to him how everyone has different preferences. and a spidervalve is simply something that you wouldn't consider.

that's what baffles me... the guy is not a noob he has been playing for almost as long as I have and he is quite an accomplished player actually.
But he has become a different person ever since he bought he Spider Valve..

The other day he played my 1986 black dot Mark III and said "wow, the blue crunch channel (or whatever color it is) of the SV sounds exactly like this amp"

errr.. no it doesn't :confused:

• Members

I would have calmly explained was exactly like complaining about some petty relationship issue you might be having with your girlfriend, and being told, in seriousness, that you should just buy an inflatable doll instead. Then, when he leaned back in laughter, I'd have punched him in the throat.

• Members

that's what baffles me... the guy is not a noob he has been playing for almost as long as I have and he is quite an accomplished player actually.

But he has become a different person ever since he bought he Spider Valve..

The other day he played my 1986 black dot Mark III and said "wow, the blue crunch channel (or whatever color it is) of the SV sounds exactly like this amp"

errr.. no it doesn't
:confused:

I HATE people like this. They rag on your expensive gear because they're (a) jealous of it, (b) have no ears or © want to "prove a point" that their cheap {censored} can sound as good/better as your *insert expensive amp here* (i.e. combination of a and b).

A guy I know does this with his B-52 ATA100. He scoops teh midz and sound like a can of bees, but insists that his amp sounds better than my Mark IV and my Tremoverb :lol::mad:

Archived