Tour of Rudy's Music Stops new amp room. Mondo!!! Boogies,Bogners,Orange etc

sean106ESP

• Members

All we need is a giant monster tearing up NYC and it's like Cloverfield.

haha pwnd....but seriously, Rudys/Mannys/Sam Ash are nice and all, but damn are they expensive. PLus who on the great island of Manhatten ckeep a half stack in their appartment. When I lived on the upper east side there was NO WAY IN HELL I could have run the gear that I run in my home now

• Members

They've also never been particularly accommodating at Rudy's in my experience.

Meh, let me cut to the chase.

They're frequently downright nasty {censored}ers. That's why I'd rather go to 30th Street. Less attitude, less clean, but bad ass stuff all out for you to play. Plus an awesome collection of stomp boxes old and new.

• Members

Seems like a very stuffy guitar shop. That is the impression that I get from the video anyway. Why wasnt there anyone jamming ? Were they open when you were in there? For a store to have that much money worth of inventory, you would think that they couldnt afford to have times when there wasnt ANYONE in the shop crankin the piss out of an amplifier. It is a very nice setup though. Very elegant.

• Members

Seems like a very stuffy guitar shop. That is the impression that I get from the video anyway. Why wasnt there anyone jamming ? Were they open when you were in there? For a store to have that much money worth of inventory, you would think that they couldnt afford to have times when there wasnt ANYONE in the shop crankin the piss out of an amplifier. It is a very nice setup though. Very elegant.

You havent been to Rudys before have you? Im not rying to be an ass, but they really are pretty stuck up dudes in there, atleast whenever I was there. They hound the {censored} out of people and act like their {censored} dont stink just cause they work on 48th. All the stores there are like that, though IMO Manys is the best. But still, if you buy gear on 48th 9 times out of 10 you got ripped off

• Members

You havent been to Rudys before have you? Im not rying to be an ass, but they really are pretty stuck up dudes in there, atleast whenever I was there. They hound the {censored} out of people and act like their {censored} dont stink just cause they work on 48th. All the stores there are like that, though IMO Manys is the best. But still, if you buy gear on 48th 9 times out of 10 you got ripped off

Pretty spot on. If you aren't a professional musician Rudy's really don't give a {censored} whether or not you buy their gear.

I think that whole 48th street area has gone down hill. Sam Ash owns all of those shops now (save for Rudy's). I remember back in the day going there to find all the crazy boutique {censored}. No longer. Save for Rudy's, who has a nice selection, most of the 48th street shops stock the same stuff you see in any ordinary Guitar Center.

• Members

what is this Rudy's place??

The gear in there is unbelievable

48th street Manhatten is like a famous music street/hangout. Its close to times square and has lots of guitar shops, famous people shopping etc. Rudys is one of the smaller stores in the area, but it is still independantly owned while the others have been bought out by Sam Ass (which also resides on 48th). They all carry pretty bad ass gear but sell it at ridiculous prices though. Its neat to go see and visit (especially Mannys with all the pictures and all), but not a nice place to do business from a customers stand point. If you watch the video from, I believe Sweet Child of Mine, there is as shot near the beginning taken at Mannys where the band hangs out outside and then you see Duff playing a bass inside...to me its just another Manhatten tourist trap except the souvenirs cost thousands of dollars

• Members

Mannys sure went downhill and i dont really care for samass either,

ive been to rudys a few times and nobody ever really bothered with me or even asked me if i even needed help. i guess i wasnt important enough for them.

ya, unless youre Jimmy Page they dont give a {censored}

• Members

I was there around 11AM when no one was there. Last time I was they had a bunch of nosiy jammers ;)

Rudy is mad cool with me. Maybe because I am a talker and we hit it off a lot. So he hooked me up with a great price on a Triaxis at the time, and since I love to make vids, I told em I would make a vid of his new amp room for him. IMO he is nice if you know him I guess. But I never shop there anymore as 1 they don't sell ESP and 2 they don't sell Diezel which my narrow minded ass only really plays. :facepalm: For ESP's I get em from Japan or Austailia and Diezel heads and cabs I get online.

Speaking when I had lived on 72nd and 1st, I had two kids above me........both of us in one bedroom apartments and they drove me nuts above me!!! So at the time I just had a Rectoverb combo and used to put in ear plugs and level the place:lol::lol::lol:. Those damn kids woke me up every morning at like 6:45 am and non stop jumping up and down. Hence no kids for my fiance and I ;)

• Members
Why did you say "Mess-a"?

Yeah I am regaining my NYC, born and raised in Queens, accent thank God (i know many hate it but living in the midwest for three years I missed it) Plus I worked for a pharma company based in texas so my accent was fading, but now back in NY it is coming back. I missed it LOLZZZ:thu::thu:

• Members

the dudes at Rudy's are assholes. I was interested in a Tele they had priced at $1600 and when I asked "Rudy's Nephew" if I could check it out he countered with "You got $2000 cash on you?" I said no, I've got my credit cards. "Whats the limit on them?" he asks. I gave him a big smile and walked out the door.

• Members

the dudes at Rudy's are assholes. I was interested in a Tele they had priced at $1600 and when I asked "Rudy's Nephew" if I could check it out he countered with "You got $2000 cash on you?" I said no, I've got my credit cards. "Whats the limit on them?" he asks. I gave him a big smile and walked out the door.

I would have told him that I have a $10,000 limit from my record company...then walked out.

Archived