mouse traps, where can i buy them?

bluesboy

• Members

i got mine at walmart.

my cat was effective but i taught him to never jump up on the kitchen counters so i had to get traps when the mice wised up.

then i had to get poison because they wised up a second time adn the glue traps werent working.

• Members

its kind of a weird situation, but i actually caught it by hand (really long story). Basically I trapped it in a closed room that it couldnt get out of, whacked it with a broom, and put it in a bucket.

It's at work, and we work with other animals, so cats and poison are out of the question.

Ill stop somewhere and buy extra traps just in case there are more.

EDIT: Also, mice and rodents in general are very smart and can be VERY tricky to catch. Weve been trying to get this guy for three weeks, and it avoided all of our traps and efforts (the previous traps were bought by someone else, and they got thrown away, hence my question). Apparently all I needed was a broom and bucket ::):

• Members
2400895854_15d0bc0a61.jpg

haha, all of my rigging was starting to look like that. Also, snap-traps are a bitch to set... at the least the ones my co-worker gave me. im seriously lucky i didnt break a finger.

They were Victor traps with the cute little plastic cheese bait tray. mouse didnt set them off, but i did just gently placing them on the ground :idk:

• Members

Don't get the glue traps. I'd rather use a regular trap. There's nothing worse than going to the trap and seeing a leg or 2 leftover after the mouse chewed it off to escape.

:lol:Very true, I have an old garage that mice get into. I have classic cars stored in there and mice can easily ruin a car interior, eat wires, etc. Those sticky traps are a waste of time, I saw my share of feet and tails. The live plastic traps with the hinged door work very well. Peanut butter on a cracker = live mouse in the trap the next day. I did however release them to my cat:eek:

• Members

They were Victor traps with the cute little plastic cheese bait tray. mouse didnt set them off, but i did just gently placing them on the ground

Those traps usually work, but are prone to operator error. The trigger slot is intended to give a range of sensitivities, and for best results, jam some PB into the trigger itself, so the mouse will work at it. Some of the traps are duds.

Don't get the reusable clam looking things, utterly useless.

Archived