NAD!!! Peavey Ultra Plus

guitarbilly74

• Members

it's a 3-button 7-pin DIN footswitch. The JSX footswitch has the same exact configuration, I just wonder if it's wired different internally.

If anything, the buttons will be labeled differently, no big deal.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

One quick question for you and all other ultra fans: I've heard it said that you get a basic GOOD sound with the all the tone controls set to 12:00. This is DEFINATLY not the case with mine. That would be the worst tone I could dial in. Maybe I'm alone here but I tend to need to dime the highs. I am not a big scooped out type of guy but I love a nice bright tone. What gives?

• Members

One quick question for you and all other ultra fans: I've heard it said that you get a basic GOOD sound with the all the tone controls set to 12:00. This is DEFINATLY not the case with mine. That would be the worst tone I could dial in. Maybe I'm alone here but I tend to need to dime the highs. I am not a big scooped out type of guy but I love a nice bright tone. What gives?

It depends on your speakers and playing style.

I use Celestion GT12-75's which are bright to begin with.

• Members

It's an active EQ so putting all the knobs straight up is the amp's natural EQ. You're cutting frequencies below 12 o clock, and boosting them above 12 o' clock.

You have to treat it a bit differently than most EQs was the point most people are trying to makea bout that.

• Members

Congrats & HNAD, Bill! :thu:

A buddy of mine scored one in mint condition just a couple of weeks ago for $400! What a steal!

{censored}in' PHENOMENAL amp-to-dollar ratio on those things, I really don't know if they can be beat for the money! I've seen a few go used at my local home-away-from-home store for as low as $350! I have to pick one up one of these days, they really are awesome amps.

• Members
Congrats & HNAD, Bill!
:thu:

A buddy of mine scored one in mint condition just a couple of weeks ago for $400! What a steal!

{censored}in' PHENOMENAL amp-to-dollar ratio on those things, I really don't know if they can be beat for the money! I've seen a few go used at my local home-away-from-home store for as low as $350! I have to pick one up one of these days, they really are awesome amps.

Hey sheik. I know you probably don't realize this yet because your always high but, this thread is like over a year old. Someone rez'd it.

• Members

It's an active EQ so putting all the knobs straight up is the amp's natural EQ. You're cutting frequencies below 12 o clock, and boosting them above 12 o' clock.

You have to treat it a bit differently than most EQs was the point most people are trying to makea bout that.

Just curious, is this the big difference between the ultra and ultra+, aside from the logo/headshell/knobs?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived