Your favorite band with "bad tone"

Davetopay

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I see the usual Nirvana/Pantera....

I'll never {censored}ing understand this. I just won't. My brain won't comprehend.

The reason that the above mentioned bands were popular had so little to do with tone, and yet it had so much to do with tone. Pretty {censored}ing subjective...yet a lot of people will love to spout out their favorite band name they hate.

Basically, I'm saying this thread is 100% retarded and it keeps coming back again and again.

• Members

I see the usual Nirvana/Pantera....

I'll never {censored}ing understand this. I just won't. My brain won't comprehend.

The reason that the above mentioned bands were popular had so little to do with tone, and yet it had so much to do with tone. Pretty {censored}ing subjective...yet a lot of people will love to spout out their favorite band name they hate.

Exactly my point. Taking my example, you find it to be a very harmonically "dead" sound, despite the use of this "bad tone" to create a mood if you will. In Integrity's case, it's not like it was a one time fluke either. This sound comes across on TONS of recordings, from the demos on up through the 7inch records, to Den of Iniquity, to Those Who Fear Tomorrow, Humanity is the Devil....and beyond.....

• Members

I never could stand Twisted Sister's recorded guitar tone.

I used to go see 'em locally, long before they ever got a record deal. Back then they had great guitar tone. But I Wanna Rock, while a fun pop song, has the most awful guitar sound....

• Members

Meshuggah, most if not all black metal bands (that I listen to, at least), except perhaps Melechesh, The Mars Volta, almost everything with Steve Albini as a guitarist (on purpose and it works though), Electric Wizard (sounds like sonic mud to me), and Godflesh...

I know its a bunch but I dont really have a favorite band... I change too often

Archived