Your favorite band with "bad tone"

Davetopay

• Members

I don't know what it is, but Ican't get enough of Integrity's album, For Those Who Fear Tomorrow. The recording is top notch...but the guitar tone is a buzzy mess. I can remember seeing them 10+ years ago with the original line up and they had a pair of Ampeg V4B heads with those old Rocktron Distortion Generator half space boxes on top.......

I guess it goesn't hurt that the musicianship on the album is amazing....:rawk:....makes me wanna break {censored}.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hope you aren't lumping Integrity in with black metal.
:cop:

Honestly I've never listened to them... I just was referring to the fact that a lot of great black metal has bad guitar tone (by HCAF standards). Not to mention a lot of extreme metal in general.

• Members

Honestly I've never listened to them... I just was referring to the fact that a lot of great black metal has bad guitar tone (by HCAF standards). Not to mention a lot of extreme metal in general.

I am just kidding....I'll see if I can find any good vids....

• Members

Everyone always complains about Lamb of God's tone, so I guess they get my vote. And then definitely Burzum. Beez for dayz.

Win for mentioning Burzum.:thu: Can't say I agree with LoG (I agree their tone is pretty blah, but I don't agree that they're a good band :o)

• Members

malmsteen

great soloist, probably the best at what he does, just can't stand his thin ice picky single coil tone

though there are some great overdriven single coil tones, but his is not one of em

• Members

malmsteen

great soloist, probably the best at what he does, just can't stand his thin ice picky single coil tone

though there are some great overdriven single coil tones, but his is not one of em

Uh oh. This has the potential for a 10+ page flame war.

Archived