Road cases

NixerX

• Members

Its not so much the weight, its taking something that 1 person can move and making it a 2 person job. Take an AC30 combo for example, put that in a road case and doubt I could get it in and out of my vehicle or navigate any stairs with it. Without a case its heavy, but I could lift it.

I often don't have any help. Especially when I am taking gear out of my basement. As I was saying earlier not everyone 'needs' a road case.

I try to make moving and setting up gear as painless as possible. That means minimizing weight where possible. If I get tired from dragging the gear in or the other guitarist hurts his back again, that affects the show. Just because I try to be smart out my gear and consider weight does not make me a wuss. I could choose to go with all heavy gear and I am sure I could lift it, but I choose not to....

Short verison = I am a {censored}.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
So you are telling me you can move your AC30 with its road case up and down stairs and never need any help loading it.
:confused:
I bet your not 6-2 and 180lbs either...

Uh, yeah. Bitch has wheels now. That case is a blessing.
It takes maybe 20 seconds at the most to carry it up any amount of stairs or lift it out of a trunk. Even though usually I do have help, but when I don't it's fine.

When you used to own an Orange 4x12 with no casters on it and carry that thing all over hell and back for a few months, an AC30 in a case isn't much of a bother.

• Members

Jesus...nitrous4200 just bought something like that. It looks HUGE.

And...your band should come to Vegas dude.

We're way down. Where were you like three months ago lol? We were trying to get a show there but we didn't get one.

Anyways, we're always down to play out of state, but we've become super-broke lately, so it may not be real soon, but I know come the winter months we'll be dyin' to get out of the snow. Look into setting something up?

• Members

We're way down. Where were you like three months ago lol? We were trying to get a show there but we didn't get one.

Anyways, we're always down to play out of state, but we've become super-broke lately, so it may not be real soon, but I know come the winter months we'll be dyin' to get out of the snow. Look into setting something up?

Definatly dude. Just hit me up and give am date you guys wanna come down.

Archived