Road cases

NixerX

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've played with a band that had cases that held a 4x12 on the bottom, then some padding and a shelf, then the head, and a few rack spaces above that. The front lid was thick, lined with heavy duty foam, and had a cutout for a guitar, which was strapped in securely when in transit. Casters on the back so you weren't rolling a top heavy rig around on uneven sidewalks/parking lots/streets etc. Very cool case design, with one trip being all it took to bring all your gear inside. They were still manageable with two people, but definitely heavy.

To the OP, I'd check out Affordable cases, Angstrom, Maxline. I've heard good things about all. My cases came from RockHardCases (Live in headcase) and Calzone (4x12.) RockHard was okay, but the springs on the handles broke fairly quickly (they stick out all the time now) and they said they could do a rush for me as I was leaving on tour in 2 weeks, and they didn't even start on the case until after I had left. Calzone was a better experience, although a bit expensive.

• Members

I've played with a band that had cases that held a 4x12 on the bottom, then some padding and a shelf, then the head, and a few rack spaces above that. The front lid was thick, lined with heavy duty foam, and had a cutout for a guitar, which was strapped in securely when in transit. Casters on the back so you weren't rolling a top heavy rig around on uneven sidewalks/parking lots/streets etc. Very cool case design, with one trip being all it took to bring all your gear inside. They were still manageable with two people, but definitely heavy.

To the OP, I'd check out Affordable cases, Angstrom, Maxline. I've heard good things about all. My cases came from RockHardCases (Live in headcase) and Calzone (4x12.) RockHard was okay, but the springs on the handles broke fairly quickly (they stick out all the time now) and they said they could do a rush for me as I was leaving on tour in 2 weeks, and they didn't even start on the case until after I had left. Calzone was a better experience, although a bit expensive.

did you play with kil hannah...llol

• Members

no, Hawthorne Heights. I've seen a bunch of other bands with those same style cases, though, and I thought they were a great idea as long as you always have someone to help you lift them onto the stage.

:thu::thu:

cool, yeah, Kill hannah has the same case

• Members

{censored}'s bitching about weight
:cop:

Its not so much the weight, its taking something that 1 person can move and making it a 2 person job. Take an AC30 combo for example, put that in a road case and doubt I could get it in and out of my vehicle or navigate any stairs with it. Without a case its heavy, but I could lift it.

I often don't have any help. Especially when I am taking gear out of my basement. As I was saying earlier not everyone 'needs' a road case.

I try to make moving and setting up gear as painless as possible. That means minimizing weight where possible. If I get tired from dragging the gear in or the other guitarist hurts his back again, that affects the show. Just because I try to be smart out my gear and consider weight does not make me a wuss. I could choose to go with all heavy gear and I am sure I could lift it, but I choose not to....

• Members

Do you tour out of town? I can't see why anybody would want to lug around road cases to local gigs. That's ridiculous. Just buy a nice cover.

My amps look great, they're not new, just by having decent covers on them.
:cool:

Although my band does play out in Vegas, Prescott, and Flag on a regular basis I do think they come in handy for local stuff as well.

Especially when you play, and you want to hang around the gig.

Last month we did a show at the Venue of scottsdale, and afterwards I rolled my two cases into the back hall so I could go in and have a drink and watch the other bands.

I went out to check on them, and some guy was trying to roll them away!

But the good thing is, with cases, you can run a long cable lock through them to a pole, or just chain em all together.

THe anti theft and anti damage aspect has its merits as well...

The main reason I use a case is I run a two head rig, and it makes moving two heads WAY easier together than seperatly...

Not disagreeing, just sayin!

• Members

Im only carting around a 6505+. We are going to be doing shows in the usual type dives start up metal bands are known for playing. Being a {censored} and not wanting my gear getting all {censored}ed up I want some protection from spilling beer, bong water, and the {censored} weather that happens in the northeast.

Big ass casters too :)

As long as the road case don't exceed 250 Ill be good to load my own {censored}.

• Members

Im only carting around a 6505+. We are going to be doing shows in the usual type dives start up metal bands are known for playing. Being a {censored} and not wanting my gear getting all {censored}ed up I want some protection from spilling beer, bong water, and the {censored} weather that happens in the northeast.

Big ass casters too
:)

As long as the road case don't exceed 250 Ill be good to load my own {censored}.

$250 or 250lbs or 250 mapz :love:

• Members

See thats kick ass. What it cost?

I'm not sure on the cost because I picked it up second hand in a trade. From what I understand it was built in town by local sound company and the price was the same or less than Angstrom's 1/4" case (this is 3/8") without the added shipping. I think something like $400-450.

Jerry

• Members

i just ordered a new roadcaes!
:thu:

where did you order it from?

when i was looking a few months ago i found some cases where the bottom of it tilted back so when you took the top off to play your amp was aimed up a little bit

i thought that was a good idea

or you could set the amp on the roadcase

ala strokes:

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Archived