WTF happened to tube prices?!?!?

Davetopay

• Members
Well there's your problem right there.
:cop:

Dougs tubes like rushtallica said.

Looking at his site right now.

Any suggestions for use in a "not-quite-modern" high gain head like the old Ultra 60?

Cleans are not a big priority, but rich texture and a satisfying "punch in the gut" with palm mutes are things I like.

• Members
18 bucks a piece for 12ax7's?

80+ for a pair of 6L6's?

:eek:

I know it has been a little while since I purchased some, but that is double what I paid not more than a year or 2 back when I retubed my Peavey Ultra.
:cry:

I don't know but i paid 18 bucks for a groove tube 12ax7 gold or something like that and it was the most expensive preamp tube in the shop, sounded amazing for a week, now it seems to have lost its spunk - kind of lame if you ask me, a preamp tube losing dankness after less than a month or two? Anybody feel me on that? A mullard was 12 bucks . . . i retubed my bassman for 90 bucks about two years ago - probably couldn't do that now. Its been explained to me that almost everything is out of production . . .

• Members

I don't know but i paid 18 bucks for a groove tube 12ax7 gold or something like that and it was the most expensive preamp tube in the shop, sounded amazing for a week, now it seems to have lost its spunk - kind of lame if you ask me, a preamp tube losing dankness after less than a month or two? Anybody feel me on that? A mullard was 12 bucks . . . i retubed my bassman for 90 bucks about two years ago - probably couldn't do that now. Its been explained to me that almost everything is out of production . . .

You can get a full set of JJ's from eurotubes for a 59 bassman ri for 82$, and a pair of 6l6 JJ's from tubedepot is 29.99$, 12ax7's 9.99 etc... The cost of SED tubes have gone up supposedly though

Archived