Crate v33h just arrived. FU$#ING DAMAGED!

OranJuice

• Members

The Transformer is {censored}ing loose, with two of the cables {censored}ing snapped off, and one of the tubes are leaning to the side like the tower of Pisa.

I don't even think this amp is new. Musiciansfriend didn't even include a {censored}ing manual in the box, and it looked like it's been open before.

WTF do I do?

Contact MF or UPS?

{censored}!:mad:

• Members

MF will exchange it and prolly pay the shipping too.

I'm on the phone with them right now.

The girl just said her supervisor isn't gonna pay me back for the shipping, because technically, I received the item within "2 business days" (I ordered on the 13th, and it came on the 18th. HOW THE {censored} is that 2 business days)

• Members

The girl just said her supervisor isn't gonna pay me back for the shipping, because technically, I received the item within "2 business days" (I ordered on the 13th, and it came on the 18th. HOW THE {censored} is that 2 business days)

Last time I checked, there's only two days that aren't business days :mad:

• Members

Pull whatever tubes are in there and tell them that's the way the amp shipped.

Sell tubes on ebay and get your shipping money back.

• Members

OK, I got the girl to get me to another supervisor, and here's what I worked out.

1. A new head sent to me as soon as it comes in, scheduled on 9/15 shipped free

2. The 2-day shipping I paid for the order is to be credited back to my account.

3. $50 store credit for my inconvenience (I have a gig coming up this week)

4. E-mails with the pre-paid shipping labels + confirmations of the store credit and the head that's coming in.

They better keep their word, or i'll personally make sure to do my best that everyone I know won't ever buy from there again.

Still waiting on the e-mail tags and receipt.

• Members
The Transformer is {censored}ing loose, with two of the cables {censored}ing snapped off, and one of the tubes are leaning to the side like the tower of Pisa.

I don't even think this amp is new. Musiciansfriend didn't even include a {censored}ing manual in the box, and it looked like it's been open before.

WTF do I do?

Contact MF or UPS?

{censored}!
:mad:

Oh c'mon. It can't be that tough to figure out what to do, can it??:facepalm:

• Members

You'll get it. And when you do, here's some mods to keep you busy:

I did those mods and they make the useless overdrive channel sound great.

The chances of you getting another with a bad tranny mount is pretty dam good.

Look on ebay at the completed auctions.

I bought mine on there for $200 and fixed it myself.

• Members

I buy alot of gear from MF.

They will take care of you.

I've only returned two things to them, a Blackheart 1x12 cabinet and a Crate RFX65 amp, my only reason was I did not like the gear.

They credited me in full and paid the return shipping with no problem:thu:

Their prices are great especially when combined with 20% off coupons they send.

In the past year they have sold me a NEW Gibson Les Paul Standard for $1439 (price match plus 20% off) and a NEW 2008 Fender American Standard Strat for $799 (20% off),
I also bought a BLEM NEW Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded Maple for $653.

I just ordered a Crate V50 1x12 amp for $199 and a Crate V18 1x12 amp for $149.
I know if I don't like either one I can send it back NO PROBLEM:thu:

Howard

• Members

I've had my V3112T combo for nearly a year now and gig with it 2 nights a week and it hasn't missed a beat. It's been dropped, been pushed over flat on it's face, flat on it's back (both times while on), etc

and the only thing that's broken is one of the tiny little spring connectors in the reverb tank. I've got a much nicer accutronics tank on the way though so..

Internally, the amp is well built and the connectors are tight and large caps and resistors have that hot glue stuff generously applied to keep them from moving.

The amp stays in my car in the floorboard behind the driver's seat (perfect fit) so when it's not in use, it's subjected to road vibrations and what not.

Little bastard is tough and sounds incredible.

• Members

I did those mods and they make the useless overdrive channel sound great.

The chances of you getting another with a bad tranny mount is pretty dam good.

Look on ebay at the completed auctions.

I bought mine on there for $200 and fixed it myself.

The V33H's are on sale currently for $179 NIB with warranty. That's good to know about the mods cause that's what I'm planning on doing as well.

• Members

WTF do I do?

Contact MF or UPS?

{censored}!
:mad:

SAME WITH MY BOSSES!!!

He got his V33H yesterday and that transformers was just handing by one corner inside the head. It also looked like the head was dropped on one of the corners. However, there was no damage to the box. :idk:

Archived