sup guys, id love your expert opinion

cerebrix

• Members

ok now before any of you chastise me for what im about to ask, ill do it for you.

im a flaming douchebag for wanting this.

see...

now you dont have to =p

I LOVE Mark Tremonti's guitar tone when it comes to rock. I love Shawn Zuzek's guitar tone when it comes to metal. ( http://www.myspace.com/shawnzuzek ). Finally, I love the cleans on the carvin x100b.

My problem is I live in an upstairs apartment in orange county, ca. I work in retail, so.....

a) volume is an issue

b) i have a limited budget (like 800-900 is ok, but the 2000-3000 for a vht pitbull or dual rectifier is just never ever going to happen for me, I just bought a new car.

How can I get what I'm looking for tonally while keeping the volume low on a budget? I dug my vox vt30xl until I got a 7 string (see sig), now it just sounds like muddy hell. So I'm gonna get rid of it.

Advice?

thanks in advance,

- Me

• Members

i have a carvin store by my house, ive tried the v3 many times and i dunno, something about it is left wanting.

it just seems to lack a roundness in tone that mesa's have in spades...

if that makes any sense, i hope that what i was trying to get across here came thru in text right.

• Members

If i had to live in an apartment again, i would just get a modeler. I really tried to do NYC with a couple of different small amps. A modeler would have been a much better choice.

For volume issues, for better sounding apartment recordings, for taking up less space, etc. Even a basic Pod will cover a lot of bases. Apartment living is an odd beast for guitar players. A good modeler can be a very workable solution.

-chris

Archived