played a mesa for the first time

cerebrix

• Members

My amp quest has been kind of a challenge. something that doesnt sound like {censored} with my 7 string. but something i could play in an apartment with the tone i love, while still giving me the option to play loud if i want to.

so i went down to the mesa store in hollywood the other day. guitar in hand, fully expecting to only like dual recto stacks.

Then I played the express 5:50 combos.

holy {censored}. that thing sounds AWESOME at low volume in 5 watt mode. I dug the contour knob, the tone, everything. later on, if i wanted to expand, grab a 2 x 12 closed back for extra punch.

I totally found my new amp for anything I want to play, metal, blues, whatever, cleans, you name it.

oddly i dug it more than the rectoverb, which i was totally expecting to dig more.

any express owners out there? I'd love to hear your experiences.

Thanks in advance,

- me

• Members

try some of the older ones-- the 5:25 is the LEAST mesa sounding mesa i've ever played, outside the lonestars! glad y' liked it though-- there's wildly different sounds available from the same company though! if yer looking for lower wattage-- give a go, if you can find one, to the dc2, the f30, and the studio caliber as well! very different beasts, and while none of them can boast 5 watt channels.. they're still very cool amps!

welcome to the fold, young jedi..

• Members

Its a good feeling when you find the tone youve been lookin for. Congrats man!! Personally, I really didnt like the Express series amps whatsoever. I thought Mesa made a stupid move ditching the F series for those. The F series amps I liked quite a bit. Try a JVM. Thats the last amp that blew the doors off of my mind.

Archived