ah yes.. indian for lunch

newholland

• Members

I have been on a Moroccan cooking kick of late.

{censored}ing lamb kefta(roughly, meatballs) with all kinds of slick mid east spices and chopped tomatoes with eggs cracked in between, eaten out of the pan with homemade pita bread.

This is quite possibly my most favorite food ever, and i could easily eat it every meal of every day for the next thirty years.

The Mediterranean/MiddleEastern region has the best fooding in all existence IMO.

-chris

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i used to live in lancashire-- i used to LOVE the paki food i could get in town, cheap as hell and REALLY good.. and the proprietors took good care of me, cause i was an american about as far away from home as they were.. 'sides, i was probably about 20# underweight next to the yorkshire rugby lads who were my roommates!

Just in case you didn't know, 'paki' is like dropping the n-bomb or saying 'spic'...super especially if you're talking about Indians.

They hate Pakistanis and it's really looked down on here to use a word like that to refer to anyone from that region. Although I've heard Indians call Pakistanis that.

This is in England at least dunno how offensive it is everywhere else!

( chicken tikka masala, keema nan, pilau rice and chicken tikka puree (sp?) FTW )

• Members
Just in case you didn't know, 'paki' is like dropping the n-bomb or saying 'spic'...super especially if you're talking about Indians.

They hate Pakistanis and it's really looked down on here to use a word like that to refer to anyone from that region. Although I've heard Indians call Pakistanis that.

( chicken tikka masala, keema nan, pilau rice and chicken tikka puree (sp?) FTW )

True.
The UK has gone 'political correctness' nuts. Or, as it used to be called 'spastic gay talk'......

:cop:

• Members

my apologies to all folks involved-- no offense meant whatsoever-- i was speaking about pakistani food-- certainly not racial slurs!

• Members

we have a couple of south indian places near here-- mighty nice-- but not super great restaurants. i tripped upon a place in this little town around called 'harvest of india'... good lord.. totally world class, and IN A STRIP MALL.. the way they did all of their food was SO subtle.. none of it was like 'ghee curry' or the nasties of cheap indian-- but all the flavors crept up on you slowly ... man was it sad to hear they closed...

• Members

I think it's just offensive because it lumps everyone from that region together, oh and that the people who use it tend to be wankers.

It's really only an abbreviation of pakistani.

not like saying nigger, wop, spic, cracker, chinc etc etc

yeah-- that's what i thought-- but that was in the early 90's.. seems like usage kinda got ugly! you'd refer to a pakistani man as a that no worse than you'd refer to a guy from liverpool as a scouser..

• Members

i used to live in lancashire-- i used to LOVE the paki food i could get in town, cheap as hell and REALLY good.. and the proprietors took good care of me, cause i was an american about as far away from home as they were.. 'sides, i was probably about 20# underweight next to the yorkshire rugby lads who were my roommates!

I'm not too big on Pakistani food. Too much rice and potatoes for me. I like some curry chicken though with plenty of chicken.

Do you play rugby too? I play D1 college rugby here in the states.

• Members

I'm not too big on Pakistani food. Too much rice and potatoes for me. I like some curry chicken though with plenty of chicken.

Do you play rugby too? I play D1 college rugby here in the states.

naw man-- a couple of guys in my university suite did. hell, i'd get killed out there...

• Members

step off you hungry bastards, mutter paneer for me, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

i think i could bathe in basmati rice and be quite happy about it...

and you folks are eating what? a PB&J? a blt? perhaps a wendy's burger, or the ever popular white castle?

Yesterday, calamari appetizer then a half dozen oysters followed by a steak salad. Washed down with a couple cranberry-club sodas. No time for dessert but I was too full anyway.

Today, nothing. Not hungry - had a late big breakfast.

• Members

Yesterday, calamari appetizer then a half dozen oysters followed by a steak salad. Washed down with a couple cranberry-club sodas. No time for dessert but I was too full anyway.

Today, nothing. Not hungry - had a late big breakfast.

oh MAN--- who took you out fer lunch!

damn...

• Members
aw yeah-- you were talking about naan earlier... i wish i had some of THAT... plus, what's that crunchy bread made of lentil flour? and i could plow me a field of samosas....

I dunno mang. I just had my old order down for Akbar here in Plano.

Order of Sag Paneer, Tandori chicken and an order of Naan to eat the SP with. :love:

That reminds me..... there is an Indian food buffet right down the street from my office..... I know where I'm going for lunch tomorrow :thu:

• Members
aw man.. i'm assuming the basil, toms, onions, and freshly pulled garlic are yours?

All but the garlic..though that was purchased through the farmers co-op we are part of! Hell if you were closer man Id hook ya up with some! :thu: :thu:

I bet we got 10+ Gallons of tomato's from those plants...im pretty tired of processing every thursday!

Archived