Celestion and Eminence

danuniversal

• Members

Eminence's Red Coat series of speakers are comparable to Celestions, although they tend to have some differences. The Governor I believe is comparable to a V30, a Private Jack is like a 50watt Greenback, Manowar has similarities to a G12T-75 (although its rated at 120W RMS). I recently started using the Private Jacks and I really dig em.

• 9 months later...
  • Members

Eminence in general have a higher db/w rating (louder) and are more gifted in the low end department. They will sound bigger than celestions, especially in a closed-back cab.

This can be a positive or a negative depending on what you are looking for. I prefer Eminence for lower wattage amps which I want to gain a bit more headroom with.

Louder is not better tone.

They are all subjective to taste.

-D

• Members
I have heard a lot about celestion speakers...

But a few about eminence.

Who use eminence?

Which celestion speakers are comparable to eminence?

Eminence is probably the most popular name in professional speakers in the world. Hard to believe that you haven't heard much about them.

• Members

I use V12 Legends and love them. Tames my JSX' brightness and adds low mids and handle all I throw at 'em wattage wise. I crank my JSX with my Laney oversized 2x12 with V12's and man it's unreal. Chunk from hades:thu:.

• Members

i've heard decent ones-- they really are very good speakers in some instances-- but for me, they tend to have a more hifi sound than celestions- i.e. a lot more TOP top end. that makes me a bit nutty-- but thats more my idiosyncrasy than other peoples. but try a few-- i've played a few i liked a lot, and some i really didn't... but i've played some celestions and jensens i didn't either!

• Members

I use V12 Legends and love them. Tames my JSX' brightness and adds low mids and handle all I throw at 'em wattage wise. I crank my JSX with my Laney oversized 2x12 with V12's and man it's unreal. Chunk from hades:thu:.

This...like a mother{censored}er

I run my JSX through a Vader loaded with eminence legends and it really helps bring out the low mids and tames the brightness. The JSX really gets mean through those speakers

• Members

I run the Eminence Lynch Super Vs in my Diezel 2x12 front loaded cab now. I had the previous Diezel spec'd Eminence speakers in there for comparison. Holy snap....these new ones that I'm using are clear, crisp and pump at any level. They sound great!

:)

• Members

I like the Eminence-made P50Es in my Fatbottom cab :idk:

I think I still like Celestions better but I've heard more of them. I have a 30/75 combo avatar and the K100s oblivion had at abe's (mixed with 30s) were awesome.

Archived