My new "Charvel" build

A.Pulverizer

• Members

I was thinking about getting a custom graphic of a black man hanging from a tree. I mean, I like trees, and I like the idea of black people defying gravity, like michael jordon!

A former roommate of mine had that tattood on his back. But he was a big brute whom you just didn't mess with.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How come no one beaten up guitarists in the 80's who looked like girls and played rainbow colored guitars?

dude..in the 80s....we had guys all over the southeast that wanted to beat us up. because we wore women's clothes and makeup. and we usually banged at least one local's girlfriend at every town we came into. (not me, but our bassist)

i have looked down the barrel of a gun in georgia. the WRONG END of the barrel.

our lead singer DID get beat up in Miss. one time, but we took a little "band road trip" to go visit the guy who did it. Boy was he surprised that those "little musician fags" whupped his ASS.......

but back on topic -- cool guitar, but questionable graphics.

i guess for me, being Cherokee -- if someone had a guitar that had the Trail of Tears on it, and glorified the genocide that Europeans brought here, you know....alcohol, blankets infected with smallpox, etc. I might get a bit offended too....

• Members

dude..in the 80s....we had guys all over the southeast that wanted to beat us up. because we wore women's clothes and makeup. and we usually banged at least one local's girlfriend at every town we came into. (not me, but our bassist)

i have looked down the barrel of a gun in georgia. the WRONG END of the barrel.

our lead singer DID get beat up in Miss. one time, but we took a little "band road trip" to go visit the guy who did it. Boy was he surprised that those "little musician fags" whupped his ASS.......

but back on topic -- cool guitar, but questionable graphics.

i guess for me, being Cherokee -- if someone had a guitar that had the Trail of Tears on it, and glorified the genocide that Europeans brought here, you know....alcohol, blankets infected with smallpox, etc. I might get a bit offended too....

Those are some great stories!

To be honest, I am 3/4 Jewish, and I not offened by this.

• Members
Those are some great stories!

To be honest, I am 3/4 Jewish, and I not offened by this.

who wouldn't want to beat up THESE guys??? hahahaha...

our bassist is on the right. Over the time he was in our band, he slept with hundreds of women, kept a LOGBOOK with date, times, names addresses and phone numbers....

you think i am lying? i wish i was.

any of you from the southeast....born around the mid 80s...don't know who your real Dad is?

it might be HIM!!!!

AAAIIIEEEEE!!!!!!!!

xstatics86.jpg

i am second from the right, with the ripped jeans and the "come hither" smile....

• Members

The look on your face is way too seducing.

yeah...heh heh....i was already thinning up top with the hair, not as much as the bassist....but there were signs of the impending baldness to come.

thank GOD for the 90s.

now it's kewl to be bald.

in the 80s...you didn't get a GIG if you were bald!

• Members

So in this case, I just wonder what message, what context is being presented by this guitar?

The intent originally was to create guitars that resembled WWII airplanes. And beyond that it looks good. WHy does a paint job on a guitar HAVE to mean something other than he likes the way it looks? You dont have to like or hate art becasue of its meaning. Its perfectly acceptable to like a piece of art becasue your eye likes it. I think overall the guitar looks pretty good. It is actually pleasing to the eye, to me anyway.. Im sure some may take more meaning from the guitar than its looks, and Im sure some get offended. THat's clearly why Charvel didnt release these. And if he plays out with it he will get some attention, but if his reason is he likes the way it looks, then I have no problem with that. And neither should anyone else.

• Members

The intent originally was to create guitars that resembled WWII airplanes. And beyond that it looks good. WHy does a paint job on a guitar HAVE to mean something other than he likes the way it looks? You dont have to like or hate art becasue of its meaning. Its perfectly acceptable to like a piece of art becasue your eye likes it. I think overall the guitar looks pretty good. It is actually pleasing to the eye, to me anyway.. Im sure some may take more meaning from the guitar than its looks, and Im sure some get offended. THat's clearly why Charvel didnt release these. And if he plays out with it he will get some attention, but if his reason is he likes the way it looks, then I have no problem with that. And neither should anyone else.

it might be cooler if it were on a stand, and there were 3 or 4 other guitars painted like warplanes..USA, Japan, Germany, etc.....then there would be a context for this guitar...it would make more "sense"....

• Members

i don't see any reason why the swastika had to be on the guitar. It still looks like a ww2 plane without it. He knows damn well what it represents.

My take is that he is just an insensitive prick who clearly gets off at offending people. It wouldn't surprise me if he had some sympathetic ideas towards nazism as well.

• Members
it might be cooler if it were on a stand, and there were 3 or 4 other guitars painted like warplanes..USA, Japan, Germany, etc.....then there would be a context for this guitar...it would make more "sense"....

I just dont think it has to make "sense" or be a certain meaning. Everyone obvioulsy see's and feels things differently, especially art.. If someone was offended and went up to him and said "Hey whats up with that guitar?" And his answer is "I think its a cool looking guitar that was painted to resemble a WWII airplane." I think thats all the sense he has to make. Now if he said" I have it because I love Hitler and I am a Nazi." ;) Well then if someone wishes to proceed with being offended and angry, then I think its warranted.

• Members

i don't see any reason why the swastika had to be on the guitar. It still looks like a ww2 plane without it. He knows damn well what it represents.

My take is that he is just an insensitive prick who clearly gets off at offending people. It wouldn't surprise me if he had some sympathetic ideas towards nazism as well.

there are some things that "just ain't right". you either get it or you don't.

and the swastika/nazi thing is one of them.....

an earlier poster suggested a KKK guitar, and that's about the same thing.

• Members
there are some things that "just ain't right". you either get it or you don't.

and the swastika/nazi thing is one of them.....

an earlier poster suggested a KKK guitar, and that's about the same thing.

i made that post. spot the sarcasm ;)

• Members
who wouldn't want to beat up THESE guys??? hahahaha...

our bassist is on the right. Over the time he was in our band, he slept with hundreds of women, kept a LOGBOOK with date, times, names addresses and phone numbers....

you think i am lying? i wish i was.

any of you from the southeast....born around the mid 80s...don't know who your real Dad is?

it might be HIM!!!!

AAAIIIEEEEE!!!!!!!!

xstatics86.jpg

i am second from the right, with the ripped jeans and the "come hither" smile....

It's amazing that the guy on the far right got the most {censored} considering he is a) the ugliest guy in the band b) has a receding hairline while playing in a hair band and c) plays bass.

• Members

yeah Im sure he is really drawn to swastikas, just something that attracts him...

• Members
It's amazing that the guy on the far right got the most {censored} considering he is a) the ugliest guy in the band b) has a receding hairline while playing in a hair band and c) plays bass.

lead singer and i are in the middle.

both of us had long term monogamous relationships ALL DURING that band....

we got called "homos" more than once by the groupies in the southeast, because we never slept around.....:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

i turned down some opportunities that would blow your mind....ocean pacific swimsuit model that followed me around the southeast for weeks...is the one that comes to mind the most. damnit.....

so that left the bassist and the drummer. drummer was not the most socially skilled guy, and would rather smoke a bowl and watch TV.....which left our bassist, Tommy Gunn (i am NOT {censored}ting you....TOmmy Gunn)

He had a real way with girls, because he would listen to them. He made every woman feel beautiful. And while not the most attractive specimen, he really had a way with girls.....I was always amazed at the chicks he woudl end up with.

but i don't regret NOT being a road dawg.....except that swimsuit model. I shoulda HIT THAT.....

• Members

yeah Im sure he is really drawn to swastikas, just something that attracts him...

I really did love all the military influenced graphics that Charvel Jackson did. and, I used to build models of planes and tanks, and dig militaria. I can TOTALLY UNDERSTAND the attraction to that graphic, i love the fighter plane graphics....

but me...i would go with one of those P-47 USA style fighter plane graphics....

Archived