A Rockman used in Ghostbusters movie?

petejt

• Members

I reckon it was actually in Ghostbusters II- I think there's some part where there's this big sustaining lead guitar sound, with a little bit of tremolo arm bending?

Even though this is from vague memory, it reminds me of a Rockman. Is it?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

It wouldn't surprise me if it was. I had a Rockman for a while (what a boring piece of gear - every guitar I played through it [single coil or humbucker] sounded like Boston's guitars), and the guitar soundtrack on that movie sure sounds like it was done through one. Come to think of it, it seems like the Rockman was the sound du jour for guitar on many movie, and cartoon soundtracks in the mid and late 80s.

• Members

sounded like Boston's guitars), and the guitar soundtrack on that movie sure sounds like it was done through one. Come to think of it, it seems like the Rockman was the sound du jour for guitar on many movie, and cartoon soundtracks in the mid and late 80s.

Which in particular?

• Members

sounded like Boston's guitars), and the guitar soundtrack on that movie sure sounds like it was done through one. Come to think of it, it seems like the Rockman was the sound du jour for guitar on many movie, and cartoon soundtracks in the mid and late 80s.

I'm not sure we can blame the rockman for every late 80's tone. Rack mount systems were the thing so we could also blame ART, ADA, Alesis and Digitech for the extra chorus and echos and just about any pop guitar tone.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Come to think of it, it seems like the Rockman was the sound du jour for guitar on many movie, and cartoon soundtracks in the mid and late 80s.

hehe, even this sounds like a Rockman- notice the squawk

[YOUTUBE]T8RWeKkCprc[/YOUTUBE]

Archived