Who has "simplified" down to a 1-channel amp?

stratotastic

• Members

I've been playing a few gigs with provided backlines lately, using a simple guitar > pedals > clean amp setup. My dirt has been coming from a Crunch Box into a BD-2, followed by a delay, chorus, and volume pedal. It's been so nice to just plug in two cables, set the amp on a passable clean setting, and get rippin' tones with the effects. My normal rig is a Stiletto Ace with some effects in front and some in the loop. It's tempting to just switch back to a dedicated single-channel amp (Bassman RI?) and with effects out front rather than deal with eq'ing and leveling two channels, running 4 cables, channel switching, etc. I'm just wondering if anybody else has switched to a more simple setup and if you've ever regretted it.

• Members

I kinda want a one channel... I wish my recto was a one channel :o I always end up just using one channel and rolling off for cleans on amps live and when jamming with people.

That's why I'm selling my DSL, I don't see the point in keeping a two channel marshall style amp and using one channel when there are tons of marshall style amps that do the one channel thing way better :poke:

• Members

My Kramer into my Peavey I only use one channel, but that's only because I don't have a pedal to switch channels. Seriously, I've got a clean on there (meh) and then my ultra channel, I can't even access the crunch channel cause I don't have a working footswitch. So I've been forced to use the one channel the entire time, and frankly I couldn't be happier.

• Members

I find this thread to be silly from my point of view........I've owned many multiple channel amps.......but.........I always find the best high gain channel....find my sound and stay there.......forever.......so to me.......when you plaze teh brutallz you only need one channel....
:cop::wave::idea::lol:

This

• Members

I'm like others in that I have a multi-channel amp yet I'm only using one channel most of the time. I've got a JVM, and I find myself in a plexi-ish mood most of the time, using the clean green cranked when no one's home or the crunch green/yellow when people are sleeping. I just love going from clean to dirty with only a volume knob.

Of course, this gasses me to buy the real thing ... :rolleyes:

• Members

I'm like others in that I have a multi-channel amp yet I'm only using one channel most of the time. I've got a JVM, and I find myself in a plexi-ish mood most of the time, using the clean green cranked when no one's home or the crunch green/yellow when people are sleeping. I just love going from clean to dirty with only a volume knob.

Of course, this gasses me to buy the real thing ...
:rolleyes:

I've been doing this with my DSL both clean/crunch on the green channel for the last week. I put my boost pedals in front and been having some classic blues/rock fun!

• Members

I've been doing this with my DSL both clean/crunch on the green channel for the last week. I put my boost pedals in front and been having some classic blues/rock fun!

ex-{censored}ing-zactly :thu:

I'm also looking to get my hands on a fuzz or muff to run through it this way.

• Members

ex-{censored}ing-zactly
:thu:

I'm also looking to get my hands on a fuzz or muff to run through it this way.

Dude I am really finding some cool blues and midgain tones on that channel. I just hadn't tried it until now even though I had seen others mentioning it.

Its pretty cool.

Also getting a Blackstar HT Dual to use on it. I bet it will be righteous!(Ninja Turtle Voice)

• Members
I've been playing a few gigs with provided backlines lately, using a simple guitar > pedals > clean amp setup. My dirt has been coming from a Crunch Box into a BD-2, followed by a delay, chorus, and volume pedal. It's been so nice to just plug in two cables, set the amp on a passable clean setting, and get rippin' tones with the effects. My normal rig is a Stiletto Ace with some effects in front and some in the loop. It's tempting to just switch back to a dedicated single-channel amp (Bassman RI?) and with effects out front rather than deal with eq'ing and leveling two channels, running 4 cables, channel switching, etc. I'm just wondering if anybody else has switched to a more simple setup and if you've ever regretted it.

Nope, just the opposite. Stereo setup(three channel Mesa and Vov AD60 with anout 9 saved channels), lots of pedals. I get bored with not enough tones and some of the saved channels on the Vox are specific to a certain guitar.

• Members

Nope, just the opposite. Stereo setup(three channel Mesa and Vov AD60 with anout 9 saved channels), lots of pedals. I get bored with not enough tones and some of the saved channels on the Vox are specific to a certain guitar.

That's cool. I've gone through those phases--ramping up the rig a few times, but right now I guess as I get older I'm just looking for ways to make life simpler, and have come to realize that the kind of tone or the array of sounds I get has absolutely no impact on 99% of the people watching me play. In a cover band I can cop 100 different tunes such that most people wouldn't notice the difference from the original, using nothing more than a wah pedal, a dirt box or two, a couple delay settings, and a chorus. Or maybe I'm just rationalizing because I'm lazy. :lol:

Archived