If you had to go Solid State?

Crunchtime

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ampeg VH140C no questions asked.

For me anyways!

I was in a band where the other guitarist used one of those - if it's set up right, it sounds pretty good. There's one for sale on ePay right now:

http://shop.ebay.com/items/ampeg%20vh140c?_dmd=1&_sop=2

For Moi, believe it or not, the Tech 21 Trademark 120. I played one years ago, at the now defunct Mars Music. Decent cleans, and mid gain, and unlike the Trademark 60, good high gain, with almost Mesa Boogie-like tone, IMO. I would have bought it if I had the money. They're kind of scarce nowadays.

• Members

I was in a band where the other guitarist used one of those - if it's set up right, it sounds pretty good. There's one for sale on ePay right now:

http://shop.ebay.com/items/ampeg%20vh140c?_dmd=1&_sop=2

For Moi, believe it or not, the Tech 21 Trademark 120. I played one years ago, at the now defunct Mars Music. Decent cleans, and mid gain, and unlike the Trademark 60, good high gain, with almost Mesa Boogie-like tone, IMO. I would have bought it if I had the money. They're kind of scarce nowadays.

Huh, that's like an hour from where I live. Maybe I should buy it :evil:

• Members

Huh, that's like an hour from where I live. Maybe I should buy it
:evil:

It might be a cool addition to the collection. I ain't gots the money right now for it. They DO weigh a ton though. But they sound good. Even with a crappy cheapo Fernades Tele copy, our other guitarist got a good, crunchy, grinding sound, that had no fizz at all.

• Members

Oh yeah I know they sound good (at least the heads; never heard the combo). I just barely got my Axe-FX and I need to buy a bass though, so I shouldn't be spending any money... but I'm think about selling some stuff anyway... :idk:

I messaged the guy; if we can meet halfway or he can come to where I'm at, I'll probably buy it.

• Members

Oh yeah I know they sound good (at least the heads; never heard the combo). I just barely got my Axe-FX and I need to buy a bass though, so I shouldn't be spending any money... but I'm think about selling some stuff anyway...
:idk:

I messaged the guy; if we can meet halfway or he can come to where I'm at, I'll probably buy it.

Good luck. :)

Archived