Delay settings for 80's hairband solo stuff - lets hear your formula

andyhumb

• Members

No comment.

I've played for 26 years and I did not touch a delay pedal until 2006. I used rackmount reverb for years with my Boogie and Marshalls.

Now I'm all delay. I've got it dialed in amazing, but I have no idea what the settings are. I'm real technical too!

I just use my ears.:cool:

• Members

somewhere between 300 to 400 Ms but with the delay level at about 35-40 so its there but not really super noticeable more like a reverb .

repeats 1 or 2.

if you have a rocktron or rack stereo delay you can also set one long and one to like 2ms .it will thicken it ,also mid boost at around 1500 hz .Its not and exact science but those are ball park 80s' hair nation solo settings approved by

Dee Snider

or if you want Vinne Vincent set 95% wet

• Members

I end up using a short delay (150 or 160 ms) time with about 3 repeats - otherwise its get way too overdone and becomes a gimmick - I think Edge uses about 350 ms delay time - but - he doesn't actually play real solos so he doesn't count

• Members

Me too ...

It was rough transitioning to the fast-paced exciting world of the 90's at the delicate age of two.

I was born in the 60's... nuff said

Even the grass nowadays is genetically enhanced stuff grown under strictly controlled artificial conditions :cry:

...what isn't the world coming to...

Archived