Have any of the Line 6 haters here ever heard/played one?

VanHalen

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I had a POD-XT, and it sucked so bad I couldn't believe it. It was next to unusable for anything but ultra clean, and heavy gain lead parts.

I have a 50 watt marshall plexi now boosted with a DOD preamp pedal and it kicks so much ass. It is so warm and clear and punchy and awesome. My POD could NEVER get that tone.

I wonder if you've ever tried playing a half diminished chord through your line 6 with an AC/DC or Van Halen level of gain. I have and can tell you that you don't hear the notes of the chord, you just get a harsh buzz in the upper midrange. I would imagine it would be the same thing with your BOSS GT-8 and marshall setup.

• Members

I used to have a Line6 FlextoneII combo. It sounded appalling above a 1/4 of the volume level, the amp models were fake, the effects were a joke, and I had to pay the price of the amp to get the big switchboard to access half of the functions inside it, effectively ripping me off by 50%.

I couldn't even re-sell the amp it was that bad. I left it at my parents house, and they gave it to my 15 year old cousin, who plays guitar occasionally (he is a drummer, and a bloody good one).

Archived