Soldano Avenger or Mesa Dual Rectifier

PaperTiger

• Members

Im in the process of getting rid of my Framus Dragon, its not that i dont like it i just want something new and im not sold on the tone. Im looking to try out an Avenger but i feel like i should just get something more practical for gigs. Im not talking practical tone wise i mean you know a mesa will do just fine... My problem is everyone plays mesa dual rec's and they are not hard to find. Avengers are. Is it worth it to try the avenger or should i just pull the trigger on the dual?

• Members

I really like the avenger, and the coolest thing about it is that you can call soldano and ask them to customize it. For example, add an fx loop or so...

The only problem for me is that is single channel, and that is not practical for me for gigs.

So, what kindda music do you play?

• Members

well....the Mesa will sound like a mesa.....the Soldano will sound like a mean fire breathing Marshall that cuts.

Mesa = multichannel

Soldano = single channel

Depends what you're looking for......

This is pretty much accurate. However, having owned both (2 and 3-ch Rectos) and still owning a Tremoverb -- The Avenger did cut any better than my Tremoverb in a band situation. The Avenger does has a tighter lowend, but both can be dialed in to cut.

A 3-ch Recto gives you a lot more versatility than the Avenger -- but if all you need is high gain distortion that's almost perfect for modern-ish hard rock the Avenger is hard to beat.

• Members

na there only in the eastern states and the base price for a avenger 100w is 5k a lot more than i have to spend

{censored}en hell that's as bad as the MarkIV when you could buy them new. :eek:

I wonder why they don't sell them over here? I've seen Bad Cat & Matchless amps over here, and they are boutique amps.

Archived