BJ Penn's camp says GSP getting greased.

solarburn

• Members
but seriously, am i the only one who has jerked off with vaseline!?

that {censored} is hard to get off!
:mad:

Lol, no, but I've had sex using a silicone based lube. That {censored} IS {censored}ING HELL TO GET OFF.

It's the only thing that really works well in the pool, though, if you were so inclined to have sex in the water. :(

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

of course there is merit...it happened. Its on tape.

I would probably file a complaint as well....no matter how much I lost or how much I won. Cornermen can't be rubbing vaseline on their fighter's body.

Yeah, I really can't imagine having to roll with a dude who's greased like that. It's hard enough when you're fighting and get sweaty, as it is.

• Members

I'm definately a GSP fanboi, and if his corner did rub vaseline on him then GSP is infact guilty as well. The corner is an extention of the fighter. Cheers, Lucius

PS: Rearnaked, I'm sorry for being a troll in the previous thread. I was a bit drunk and a bit sick.

• Members

I watched the fight again after reading this, and I DO think it MIGHT have made a difference. I was routing for the CANUCK by the way. In the second round when Penn was on his back he kept trying to get a high guard but his legs kept slipping off. And before that he tried to grab GSPs neck when they were standing, and again his hands seemed to slip. After taking the beating that round, he wasn't right.

• Members

{censored}....the plot thickens....:snax:

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/8255/

--An update on the Vaseline scandal involving Georges St. Pierre and his corner from Saturday night's match. As of press time, B.J. Penn's camp had not filed a complaint with the Nevada State Athletic Commission. According to Keith Kizer, Executive Director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission, what happened was one of the commission inspectors saw Phil Nurse, as he rubbed Vaseline on St. Pierre's face after the first round, touch his back without wiping the Vaseline off. Several commissioners were aware as the second round went on, and were watching closely after the second round, where they saw a person they identified as Greg Jackson (most stories say it was Nurse again), do the same thing. If was between rounds two and three that the commotion took place with the commission reacting immediately and they wiped off St. Pierre's back. They also wiped off St. Pierre's back again after round three. Penn himself told an inspector on his side of the ring after round two that he thought St. Pierre was greased. Kizer said both Lorenzo Fertitta and Dana White after the match and questioned whether Nurse or Jackson should ever be allowed to corner again. White, who saw the incident between rounds two and three and was also alerted to the round one incident at some point in round two, said that he thought the guy (s) who did it, without mentioning any names, should be banned by the athletic commission from every cornering again. Kizer said it was not gobs of Vaseline on St. Pierre's back, but the back was touched after the Vaseline was rubbed on his face, and before the hands were wiped clean with a towel. Jackson told MMAweekly.com yesterday saying Nurse was doing a ritual taught to him by a "witch doctor" named Steven Friend, who has worked with St. Pierre for years. "We told our side of the story, we said we didn't mean to put any grease anywhere," said Jackson. "If we were trying to grease the back,we'd be greasing up and down. We would make it count. We wouldn't do a little tiny spot in the back. The whole thing doesn't make any sense, so they were fine with it once we gave our explanation."

http://www.fightlinker.com/jason-miller-claims-gsp-greased-against-him-too.mma

This GSP greasing thing does not seem to be going away. Obviously there

• Members

I'm a GSP fanboy and this has made me sick to my stomach. I don't need any sanctioning body or anyone else tell me what I'm seeing when I watch the playback on Nurse rubbing Vaseline on Georges. Its cheating.

{censored} how unfortunate. There will be serious consequences I'm betting. Wait and see. His win is ruined because now everyone has to justify it for being a good win or not. Did it matter or not. Of course it mattered. George IMO can beat BJ without it. We didn't see that fight yet though.

• Members

I don't understand why BJ is getting {censored} talked about him regarding this. The NSAC saw this happen between rd1 and 2 and complained then when it happened again between 2 and 3 they warned them about it officially. After the fight they informed BJs camp about what happened and asked if they wanted to file a formal complaint. This wasn't BJ bitching about him being slippery and he did notice that he was greased.

If you guys think it wasn't an advantage you need to step back and think about this for a minute. When someone is in your guard you need skin on skin friction to hold them in place and move them about when posturing...if they're slippery they can move about however they want. It makes a huge difference and could have decided the outcome of this fight. I think Florian would have subbed Sherk if it weren't for the blood making everything slippery...

• Members
I don't understand why BJ is getting {censored} talked about him regarding this. The NSAC saw this happen between rd1 and 2 and complained then when it happened again between 2 and 3 they warned them about it officially. After the fight they informed BJs camp about what happened and asked if they wanted to file a formal complaint. This wasn't BJ bitching about him being slippery and he did notice that he was greased.

If you guys think it wasn't an advantage you need to step back and think about this for a minute. When someone is in your guard you need skin on skin friction to hold them in place and move them about when posturing...if they're slippery they can move about however they want. It makes a huge difference and could have decided the outcome of this fight. I think Florian would have subbed Sherk if it weren't for the blood making everything slippery...

THIS

someone who gets it

(except for Florian subbing Sherk:mad:) lol GO SHERK!!:rawk:

• Members
THIS

someone who gets it

(except for Florian subbing Sherk:mad:) lol GO SHERK!!
:rawk:

I actually thought Sherk was going to win but he was in trouble a few times and escaped. He even said the blood helped him get free. I understand Mayhems point about not making a big deal about it in the fight. It's not like they could have un-greased him because once that {censored} is on your skin even a tiny amount gets moved around by sweat so that little bit they rubbed on him would have spread all over with Penn wrapping his legs around and grabbing his neck/shoulders. If you didn't notice Penn having trouble with his typically letal guard you're crazy.

• Members

it sucks so much that this {censored} had to happen and taint GSP's win. How the {censored} could Phil Nurse do such a stupid thing, accidental or not? I agree with others in saying that grease or not, GSP was the better fighter that night and he controlled the fight everywhere.

I blame a lot of this on the NSAC though, none of this would've been made such a big deal had they taken care of it correctly. Wipe GSP down, let BJ Penn's corner know what the {censored}'s going on, and make SURE that there is no grease what so ever on GSP's back/chest.

Whatever, don't let Phil Nurse corner again if it's going to make anyone feel better.

• Members

excellent post, this summed up my exact feelings on the whole thing. MMA is a wierd sport, guys come back from the dead to sub or ko people. Bj was getting his ass kicked but could have possibly pulled off a sub from out of nowhere and that may have prevented him. I dont blame gsp, just his corner people.

• Members

I didn't see Greg do it during the fight. Well, if Kizer says it, it must be true. He was right there.

it didnt show greg it only showed nurse do it in between 1-2

apparently Greg did it again between 2-3. the tape only shows what happens right after the 2nd incident

• Members
it didnt show greg it only showed nurse do it in between 1-2

apparently Greg did it again between 2-3. the tape only shows what happens right after the 2nd incident

I'm honestly not impressed with the responce from GSPs camp. They claimed even if a little did get on there it wasn't enough to do anything and that they only touched a small spot...there is actually a gif of Nurse rubbing all over GSPs back in a circular motion... :facepalm:

• Members

I'm honestly not impressed with the responce from GSPs camp. They claimed even if a little did get on there it wasn't enough to do anything and that they only touched a small spot...there is actually a gif of Nurse rubbing all over GSPs back in a circular motion...
:facepalm:

and it was supposedly and accident...but happened two rounds in a row, from two different guys:confused:

and it definitely was not just "one little spot on his back"

Nurse rubbed that {censored} on his shoulders and the entire top of his back

Not enough to do anything = {censored} THAT

mix sweat and vaseline together :facepalm:

Plus, its almost certain that it did SOMETHING since Penn not only noticed it, but spoke up about it

• Members

and it was supposedly and accident...but happened two rounds in a row, from two different guys:confused:

I'm very let down by this fight now...I wanted Penn to win but I thought GSP would smother him and get the D similar to what happend the first time. I'll admit his standup was sharper than it has been in the past and even without the grease he could have won but that doesn't make it any less blatant. They'll probably pull the win and go for an imediate rematch.

• Members

and it definitely was not just "one little spot on his back"

Nurse rubbed that {censored} on his shoulders and the entire top of his back

Boy did he.:cop:

Archived