BJ Penn's camp says GSP getting greased.

solarburn

• Members

Check this {censored} out fellow MMA'ers:

B.J. Penn's camp has filed a formal complaint with the Nevada State Athletic Commission over Vaseline that was allegedly rubbed on Georges St. Pierre's back between rounds one and two. UFC president Dana White said at the post-fight press conference that he was aware of the complaint, and said he personally witnessed members of the commission take the Vaseline away from GSP's camp and rebuke them in the Octagon between rounds.

"I saw the commission jump up there and flipping out," said Dana White. They said one of the guys was rubbing Vaseline on Georges' back in between rounds. It was one and two, I think."

"The guys from the athletic commission went up there and started screaming at them. Knocked the Vaseline and kicked the Vaseline out of the Octagon."

White added that "some Vaseline on a guy's back didn't change the outcome of that fight, but you don't do it," and said the blame should fall on the cornerman responsible and not GSP.

"If a guy was intentionally putting Vaseline on a guy's back, he should never corner a mixed martial arts fight again."

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WOW, Penn shoulda trained harder and not talked that much {censored}. Hes just cranky cuz hes got alot of words to swallow....

i'd say that's about right.

guy's ego can't deal with getting his ass handed to him, so now he's looking for excuses. he got dominated. GSP passed his guard at will. no amount of vaseline on the back is gonna make that happen.

• Members

i'd say that's about right.

guy's ego can't deal with getting his ass handed to him, so now he's looking for excuses. he got dominated. GSP passed his guard at will. no amount of vaseline on the back is gonna make that happen.

I didnt even notice a "grease shine " on GSP's back. But then again, I was a raging drunk but still......

• Members

The question is, IF BJ won the fight, do you think he would have even brought it up? Bj is just pissed that he had his ass handed to him, and was made look stupid infront of millions of people. Let's face it, the GSP everyone saw lastnight wasn't the GSP Penn saw years ago, he's improved two fold since their last fight and Penn wasn't ready for him. Maybe next time BJ, looks good on you.:poke:

• Members

The question is, IF BJ won the fight, do you think he would have even brought it up? Bj is just pissed that he had his ass handed to him, and was made look stupid infront of millions of people. Let's face it, the GSP everyone saw lastnight wasn't the GSP Penn saw years ago, he's improved two fold since their last fight and Penn wasn't ready for him. Maybe next time BJ, looks good on you.:poke:

See above. It wasnt Penn who brought it up.

FYI the cornerman is Phil Nurse. his MT coach from the Wat in NYC

• Members

i'm not hating on the guy. i'm also not at all familiar with all the "who said whats".

it's kinda strange the commentators didn't mention the greasing, though.

don't let your fanoboi status interfere with objectivity. gsp would have beaten penn's ass even if PENN was the one that was greased.

maybe UFC will use this as a reason to have a do over:cop:

• Members

i'm not hating on the guy. i'm also not at all familiar with all the "who said whats".

it's kinda strange the commentators didn't mention the greasing, though.

don't let your fanoboi status interfere with objectivity
. gsp would have beaten penn's ass even if PENN was the one that was greased.

maybe UFC will use this as a reason to have a do over:cop:

Pay attn to what I wrote:freak:

how am i not being objective here?

It affected the fight/it didn't affect the fight. Either way. He got greased. Illegal

• Members

yeah, i paid attention to it. only a penn fanboi would take that position.

personally, i'm not a "fan" of either fighter. i don't care who wins, i only watch that {censored} to watch people get knocked the {censored} out. from all the years i've been watching fights, both boxing and MMA, i know when i see a guy get plain {censored}ing outclassed.

penn got outclassed. vaseline didn't do that, hence the fanboi part.:thu:

• Members

yeah, i paid attention to it. only a penn fanboi would take that position.

personally, i'm not a "fan" of either fighter. i don't care who wins, i only watch that {censored} to watch people get knocked the {censored} out. from all the years i've been watching fights, both boxing and MMA, i know when i see a guy get plain {censored}ing outclassed.

penn got outclassed. vaseline didn't do that, hence the fanboi part.
:thu:

a penn fanboy would take what position?

That greasing is illegal?

or

the effects that greasing can have? I take that position as a BJJ practitioner.

or

the difficulty of removing vaseline? i take that position as a masturbating male.

• Members

the position that penn would have had a chance either way.

i understand your argument. it's based on principle, and i get that. it doesn't change the fact that penn was outclassed.

i'm not gonna argue about it any more, though. there's no point, as each argument is as much conjecture as anything else.

i will say that gsp should have been on top of what the guys in his corner were doing. there's no excuse for not controlling that.

• Members

the position that penn would have had a chance either way.

i understand your argument. it's based on principle, and i get that. it doesn't change the fact that penn was outclassed.

i'm not gonna argue about it any more, though. there's no point, as each argument is as much conjecture as anything else.

i will say that gsp should have been on top of what the guys in his corner were doing. there's no excuse for not controlling that.

-I didn't say that

:confused:

• Members

For those who are interested, You can see Phil Nurse whipping vaseline on GSPs shoulders and back in between rd 1-2, and then the commission bitching at his corner during the break between rd 2-3

http://mma-core.com/videos/_Georges_St_Pierre_vs_BJ_Penn_II_UFC_94_Part_1?vid=10003151&tid=100

Phil should not be allowed to corner in UFC again

• Members

Whether it effected anything, we have no idea.

but they didnt wipe it until rd 3.

and try to wipe vaseline off;)

Yah right before round 3. Well obviously that can help a fighter when you are slippery especially when posturing up. That being said GSP beat the hell out of him after the wiping. {censored}ing corner man. Pisses me off cause Georges can win without this kinda {censored} going down. So irresponsible and now look what's happening because of it.

Archived