What are some of the best br00tal passive pickups?

GGWise47

• Members

I switched from EMG's to X2N's. I find EMG's sterile. The X2N's are super powerful and can overdrive an amp too much if you are a real high gain person. They break up lesser amps better than anything else. They are also very midrange, which I like but some may not. Squeals and chirps galore. Good sound clean when center tapped. I have 7 guitars with them and they sound different in the various types but all have a great heavy tone.

• Members
Being an Emg guy, I'm thinking about making the change back to passives because of the supposed "bigger" sound compared to actives. I play music along the lines of parkway driveKSE/August burns red and other similar bands. If it helps I'm playin through a 6505. Thanks guys!

P.S., please don't post a reply with a picture of a guitar with 20 pickups in it and say, THIS is the most Br00000talatious pickup!

:lol:

Bare Knuckle Nailbombs are said to be the most brutal passive pickups yet still retain a lot of your guitar's tone.

• Members

How about pickups that are brutal, but sound good clean? (don't crap out on the low E)

bare knuckle warpig -- the regular a5 one. Though its not super tight enough for anything like necrophagist. But it gets BR00TALZ. Man, i love it so much.

It can definately pull off a KSE type of tone but with a wetter attack and more heaviness. Not as dry or trebly.

• Members

bare knuckle warpig -- the regular a5 one. Though its not super tight enough for anything like necrophagist. But it gets BR00TALZ. Man, i love it so much.

It can definately pull off a KSE type of tone but with a wetter attack and more heaviness. Not as dry or trebly.

+1

As a general rule of thumb I hate high output pick ups but the Warpig is just {censored}ing awesome.

Archived