What is the most you've paid for a single piece of gear?

Say Ocean

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, i paid around $800 for a Mesa mark III, with simulclass, EQ, reverb.

I can't justify paying over a grand for gear.

This is the huge dilemma I had when trying to decide what to spend my money on. I've earnt a lot of money over the past few years from buying and selling guitar gear and so I've managed to get a bit of a collection, which I went and almost completely sold this week.

This left me with short on

• Members
I can't justify paying over a grand for gear.

Money and the amount you need to get something is but a number!

A lot of people feel like you do, but then completely throw away little amounts here and there on things that in the end don't amount to anything.

I don't make a lot of money but I spend a ton on gear and here's how I justify it and make it happen.

This last year I have cut almost all spending on extra stuff, which in itself is a sacrifice. I have had pretty much no life this last year. I work and then I go home and play or work on music etc. No going out with friends for the most part, no girlfriends... Well at least not for longer than an hour at a time. ;) Very little spending on entertainment etc.

I have non-musician friends that are like WTF about how much I spend on stuff. However, they'll go blow $50 at a bar 3 times a week, take girls out to expensive dinners/dates, buy $60 video games, etc. All that {censored} adds up.

Now I wouldn't want to live this way forever having no life, but with the amount of money I make it's the only way I'd ever be able to get EXACTLY what I wanted. Now that I have it and don't have debt because of it, I can resume my life haha. :D

• Members

Back in 2001 I laid out new cash for a Bogner XTC. All things considered it was a bad move on my part -- WAY, WAY too much amp for me at that particular time. Even now I don't need something of that ilk. Very good sounding amp with lots of features but not my bag man. End up trading it for a first generation

Archived