What is the single piece of gear that you've owned for the longest time?

GGWise47

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oldest would be a Yamaha acoustic I got just under 10 years ago when I first started. The frets are {censored}ed on it so it hasn't been used in 6 years or so. I have a Fender Cyclone that I've had for 9 years but it's been in parts in my closet for years.

I've had my 1960a for 8 years and it's still my main cab.

• Members
My 35th anniversary LP custom.

Road tested & Tough. I'd sell a kidney before I sold it.
:love:

Chris1.jpg

Chrisatdales.jpg

Nice guitar! I always think back to a time in the mid 80's when my drummers dad was trying to sell me a mid 70's LPC just like yours. Randy Rhoads style. He wanted $500! It sounds like a great deal, and it was, but I was just a kid and that was a lot of jack. Man I wish I could have pulled it off.
I've got a cool LPC now though, so it's cool.:cool:

• Members

My first guitar - a squier strat, I won in a radio giveaway in 1988. Went backstage, met Robert Cray, he autographed the guitar, I still have it. I've changed the pickups, pots, pickguard and neck, but still have the original parts, and have preserved his and several other autographs on the guitar.

My first decent amp, a 74 Vibrolux I bought in 1990. Stock, still have it, still play it.

• Members

THat would be my 5150 combo since 96 or late 95, I really dont remember.. Been my main amp since.

The first guitar I personally bought was a Gibson Les Paul Studio I bought in 91.. For $425 new.. I sold it many years ago and then bought it back about 5 years ago from the guy I sold it to.. I've had that for about the same amount of years as my 5150 combo...

Archived