I just bought a 1966 Gibson ES-335. AWESOME.

Marshredder

• Members

Don't get it for a week yet, but man, I saw it in a guitar shop near me a while back, posted a few posts here about its value etc, and it seemed to be very fairly priced, if not on the cheap side almost. Played it for a bit, played like butter, sounded awesome.

Only recently I managed to get the funds, as I sold a lot of my rig off.

So today I was talking to the guy that runs the shop on the phone, he gave me a full run down, 9.5/10 condition, the fronts perfect, the back has a 1inch squared bit of buckle rash but, yeah, what doesnt?! Plus a few 1-2 mm chips on the headstock, other than that, all perfect. More than investment quality.

All original electronics and parts, no refinish, cherry red, trapezoid tailpiece, Patent number pickups (Later PAF's...) OHSC, etc.

So I put down the deposit so he will hold it until I can go down there to buy it next weekend, cant WAIT! Its my first vintage guitar, and a 60's 335, what a way to kick off the collection!

Pictures will be posted!

• Members

Don't get it for a week yet, but man, I saw it in a guitar shop near me a while back, posted a few posts here about its value etc, and it seemed to be very fairly priced, if not on the cheap side almost. Played it for a bit, played like butter, sounded awesome.

Only recently I managed to get the funds, as I sold a lot of my rig off.

So today I was talking to the guy that runs the shop on the phone, he gave me a full run down, 9.5/10 condition, the fronts perfect, the back has a 1inch squared bit of buckle rash but, yeah, what doesnt?! Plus a few 1-2 mm chips on the headstock, other than that, all perfect. More than investment quality.

All original electronics and parts, no refinish, cherry red, trapezoid tailpiece, Patent number pickups (Later PAF's...) OHSC, etc.

So I put down the deposit so he will hold it until I can go down there to buy it next weekend, cant WAIT! Its my first vintage guitar, and a 60's 335, what a way to kick off the collection!

Pictures will be posted!

yes we needs pics!!!

• Members
Damn man, I'm glad you finally picked it up. Seems to me in the older thread you'd already made your mind up
:thu:

Defintley man, I knew I wanted it the second I saw it sitting there, but I didnt have the money then and as it was a private sale the shop couldnt take it down any lower in price, but yeah, I got it for what is a cheap/more than fair price, not a steal but its a guitar shop, what can you expect?

Can't wait to get it!

• Members

What happened to that 1959 Tele?

I decided, after much thought, not to go for it. Too much risk at that price that it was a fake or something, and I couldnt afford to gamble with that much money. Someone on TGP also pointed out that it wasn't the right colour for the year it was claimed to be, so its probably been refinished or something.

• Members
I've got the same guitar, Bigsby. The necks are really thin, check for twisting.

I've owned mine since 66, it's been babied for the last 20 years, I hope yours has been stored correctly.

Will do thanks. From what i've seen (Been in there to see it twice and talked to the guy for a long time on the phone today) its also been babied most of its life, My old epi which I gigged for 2 years was in much worse shape than this guitar.

I will check the neck for sure though :thu:

• Members
Will do thanks. From what i've seen (Been in there to see it twice and talked to the guy for a long time on the phone today) its also been babied most of its life, My old epi which I gigged for 2 years was in much worse shape than this guitar.

I will check the neck for sure though
:thu:

I love mine, no other guitar has ever replaced it. I had Dan Erlewine put a bone nut, change the nylon saddles and do a fret dressing on it. He's a funny guy, instead of me telling him what to do, he told ME what HE was going to do.
"No refinish on this guitar, no new tuners...this guitar is staying as original as I can make it."

• Members

I had this for a while, '68 ES-345. mint and original except for the stop TP replacing the trapeeze.

it was $2,750 here: http://www.bentleyguitars.com/

A very cool local gut that I've got lots of great deals from. Amps & axes.

Sold for cash last year, as were several of my Gibsons.

also had a early 60's cherry, block-neck 335; orange sticker, SN was 344466 or something. Loved that guitar, it was stolen from the house.

:mad::mad::mad:

still have my fave, the '73 LP Deluxe:love:

Archived