Most underated AMPS ?

Crunchtime

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Marshall TSL 100. The crunch chanell is kinda blah, but the lead and clean channels are awsome IMO. Not to mention how many features this thing has. I've actually fallen so back in love with this amp I'm using it tonight instead of my JVM at my show. Kick in the VPR, turn down the gain to 10'oclock on the lead channel, set my 1960AV to stereo so I'm only using 2 speakers, turn the volume up to 5 or 6, and leave everything else at noon and voila, great Marshall tonez at stage friendly volumes. People really missed the boat on how great of an amp this thing is.

+1 :thu:
I used my old TSL100 the other day at practice, cuz my 5150 was having dirty effect loop volume issues. By the way, we played 7 strings in drop A. I thought the Marshall held it's own against my other guitarists 5150II. It acually brought the brutz!Obviously not quite as aggressive in rhythms as my 5150, but man the solos sounded great! Even the other guitarist chimed in on how good my leads were cutting.
I had to turn the volume up to around 6 and man the amp was really beginning to shine. I also biased it right before practice to get the best out of her. I'm glad my 5150 is back, but that night definately made me appreciate my old Marshall again. Too much bedroom practice level with it made me forget about the roar of her past 4 on the volume.
I knew this amp could shine in standard and drop D tuning , but I didn't think it would hold itself so well in drop A tuning. I'm no longer thinking of sellin it. :idea:

• Members

Marshall TSL 100. The crunch chanell is kinda blah, but the lead and clean channels are awsome IMO.

my crunch channel sounds great now.(after mods)

it sounds like really good old low or mid gain marshall tones with the gain turned down,and it can get pretty high gain too, but the lead channel just has more.(gain)

• Members

Even with 2 mesas and a 5150 I still plug in my valveking for how well it plays with pedals (especially with the gt8 using the 4 cable method). I think for the money and as a starter head, The VK is a great amp. Never gets any love here.....to many tube sniffers

• Members

im suprised i haven't seen the peavey windsors since so many folks have posted on how they just ordered the $399 halfstacks. change out the preamp tubes and you got a good pedal amp, leave it stock and it does 80's high gain, boost it and you got brootz.

• Members

I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but I say Diezel Einstein. It usually gets overlooked because it is the "introductory" Diezel model and doesn't have the midi and 3/4 channels of the VH4/Herbert. People think it must sound inferior, when in my opinion, it surpasses them.

• Members

IMHO its a Recto... Only because around here everyone flames them when they try them for 30 mins at GC or have it for a few month and cant find "their" tone or can't grasp the control properly... fact is its got tons of tones in it and it takes time to get it perfect. Its taken me a long time but I love my recto, and I feel its pretty much perfect at this point.

• Members

Mesa .50 Caliber +, I just finished a few more recordings with it and I am SO impressed how awesome this amp sounds. Probably my favorite amp right up there with the Mark III (which is somewhat similar btw)

Also the Peavey Ultra Plus, fantastic amp, one of the best mass-production rock amps out there regardless of price.

• Members

Mesa F-30

a lot of people have a low opinion of this model.... I can get some incredible tones out of mine... for a thick fusion type of lead, with a nice clean channel, I havent found anything I really want to replace it with.... and believe me I have looked...

its hardly a financial issue (which is what many people would assume given this amp only cost about $950 new) since given the amount of money I have spent on gear I could easily have gotten a Diezel and just owned maybe 2 or 3 guitars less.... but I really just love the tones I can get from this thing :)

• Members

IMHO its a Recto... Only because around here everyone flames them when they try them for 30 mins at GC or have it for a few month and cant find "their" tone or can't grasp the control properly... fact is its got tons of tones in it and it takes time to get it perfect. Its taken me a long time but I love my recto, and I feel its pretty much perfect at this point.

This is true. Although I haven't struck gold with the RECs I've played I know they're capable of unbelievable toanz.

• Members

Traynor, specifically the YCS-50. They don't seem to get much attention (other than the one giant YCS-50 love thread:poke:). I'm selling mine for other reasons. Someone posted a "WTB tube amp" on Craigslist and I emailed them regarding my amp. He replied with a "What's a Traynor?". :mad:

Archived