Sweet Jesus shoot me now.

metalfanat1c

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
This ought to make you feel better.

The Federal Goverment just sent my buddy an unexpected bill for $5000 for pulling his retirement out early.
:cop:

ummm...sorry but that isnt unexpected. i thought it was pretty common knowledge that if you pull retirement earnings out early (before retirement) that you get taxed to hell on them? i guess not!

oh, and metal...you have internet, yes? if you can live without a phone, cancel it and use your computer. you can talk over MSN so why not do that? then you can kill your phone bill altogether.

• Members

I'm not trying to be a dick to you. Just emphasizing the need for a savings account.

Oh, and if your name is on the account, then you are responsible for the bill. It sucks that your roommate racked up the bill, but don't let that {censored} up your credit.

Not going to. I've arranged that he pay all but the $65 I owe to me by noon tomorrow, else I file legal proceedings against him and the month's bills he owes me.

I'll cover it until the proceedings are through.

• Members

I'd threaten to cancel his line if he doesn't pay it.

This will leave you with two possible
correct
scenarios:

A.) He doesn't pay you, you pay the bill, and call in to cancel his line

or

B.) He does pay you, you pay the bill, and call in to cancel his line

I already have done that. Along with the threat of legal proceedings.

• Members

bummer man, thats ridiculous. It happened to me with a data when I first got a hip internet phone. I just called them and said 'why wouldn't I just buy the data plan for 15 instead of paying 120 dollars?' it doesn't make sense.

They just put me on the data plan and gave me back most of my money. Call them and bring the fierce and they will roll over and take it most of the time.

• Members

bummer man, thats ridiculous. It happened to me with a data when I first got a hip internet phone. I just called them and said 'why wouldn't I just buy the data plan for 15 instead of paying 120 dollars?' it doesn't make sense.

They just put me on the data plan and gave me back most of my money. Call them and bring the fierce and they will roll over and take it most of the time.

Based on typical contract length of 2 years:

$15/month for data = $360 and happy customer that gladly pay his/her bill

$120 for one month = $120 and pissed off customer that will either switch carriers (and snag data plan with competitor) or never again use the data feature

• Members
ummm...sorry but that isnt unexpected. i thought it was pretty common knowledge that if you pull retirement earnings out early (before retirement) that you get taxed to hell on them? i guess not!

oh, and metal...you have internet, yes? if you can live without a phone, cancel it and use your computer. you can talk over MSN so why not do that? then you can kill your phone bill altogether.

Yes but he is dip{censored}:cop:

I knew it, my bass player knew, he should have know it.:facepalm:

• Members

Text messages are stored for a long, long time.

I would doubt it. Up until recently, I worked as a billing systems analyst for a relatively small telecommunications company and all we did was store the call record for billing purposes, not the content.

• Members

1. It's against FCC regulations to monitor the content of an SMS. They only keep the transmission on file.

2. Verizon didn't consume Cingular.

3. Generally adding the feature that you didn't have and thus went over on is leverage for reducing the charges. Do that and be cordial before being mean.

4. {censored} people owing you money.

• Members

The person who said cancel the phone... He can't afford that if he can't afford this bill.

He has multiple lines on the contract. Unless he's near the end it's expensive. It's like 175 bucks for EACH line. I had 3 phones with AT&T once and it was going to be 175 bucks for each phone to cancel. So I sold my contract to someone so I could go back to Verizon.

• Members

I don't get how you're supposed to be paying $130 and don't have an unlimited plan...f'k if I didn't want an iPhone I could reduce my bill easily from $130 (two lines) and add unlimited txts. with almost anyone.

• Members

I don't get how you're supposed to be paying $130 and don't have an unlimited plan...f'k if I didn't want an iPhone I could reduce my bill easily from $130 (two lines) and add unlimited txts. with almost anyone.

Yeah he should get unlimited text.

I only have 450 minutes. unlimited text and internet. And I pay about 105 a month.

• Members

2 lines, 2100 minutes, no texting, no data, call waiting, 3 way calling, free roaming (I haven't ever roamed in my life, though...) It was their uber talking plan.

• Members

2 lines, 2100 minutes, no texting, no data, call waiting, 3 way calling, free roaming (I haven't ever roamed in my life, though...) It was their uber talking plan.

You use all those minutes? I barely talk on the phone I can't imagine using that many. Even with a family plan.

• Members

I talk a lot. I have family in about 5 different states, and my girlfriend is currently out of state at college. I can live without a phone, but I'd sure as {censored} be missing a lot.

Seriously, if you need to talk a lot and don't have a lot of cash, go Boost. I sell contract phones for a living, and have for years, but for what you need it for, the new Boost plan is $50 a month and you get unlimited calling, text, web (2g, because it runs on the iDEN network, but so what?), and walkie-talkie.

There's no reason for anyone, no matter how little they make, to not stay connected these days.

Archived