Sweet Jesus shoot me now.

metalfanat1c

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dude, I make $400 a WEEK. Barely. Count car payments, house payments, utilities, food, and cigarettes into that, and I'm barely able to afford the extra $130 it's supposed to be. :poke:

ah, ok. this puts it in to perspective. I think you need to shore up the account then. I've been screwed on cell bills many a time. The key is to just pay for unlimited data... the extra 10 bucks or whatever is always better than what' you have to face now

• Members

Dude, I make $400 a WEEK. Barely. Count car payments, house payments, utilities, food, and cigarettes into that, and I'm barely able to afford the extra $130 it's supposed to be. :poke:

Why are you paying $130 a month for a cell phone when you're making $20k/year? There are much cheaper cell plans, cell phones, or you could always do away with it all together.

• Members

ah, ok. this puts it in to perspective. I think you need to shore up the account then. I've been screwed on cell bills many a time. The key is to just pay for unlimited data... the extra 10 bucks or whatever is always better than what' you have to face now

I added a 500 text limit. I'm calling the other party now, a screamfest will ensue, and I probably will only have to cover the $65 I was supposed to.

But, if they don't pay up, they're not going to live with me anymore. I don't give a {censored} if they have to sleep under the I-64 bridge... nobody treats me like a doormat.

• Members

Why are you paying $130 a month for a cell phone when you're making $20k/year? There are much cheaper cell plans, cell phones, or you could always do away with it all together.

I talk a lot. I have family in about 5 different states, and my girlfriend is currently out of state at college. I can live without a phone, but I'd sure as {censored} be missing a lot.

• Members

My fucking phone bill is $448.37.
:cry::eek:

How the fuck am I going to pay this?

i once got a monthly cellphone bill from cingular for $2,000. :eek::facepalm::mad: called my friend who's an attorney. he contacted cingular and threatened them with going to the FCC about this. they sent me a letter of apology and reimbursed me for 90% of the bill. i cheered when their company collapsed and was eaten up by verizon.

i was lucky because i had an attorney. what about all the people who don't and get fucked over by these big companies? they should take off "novis ordo seclorum" from the dollar bill and replace it with "caveat emptor".

now i'm dealing with cablevision (the most despised company on long island) for overcharging me $800 over the past year on my phone bill. it never ends.

just mention "formal complaint to the FCC" and chances are they'll eventually roll over. :thu:

• Members

I talk a lot. I have family in about 5 different states, and my girlfriend is currently out of state at college. I can live without a phone, but I'd sure as {censored} be missing a lot.

Maybe it's time to re-evaluate your priorities, and establish a budget that allows for funding a savings account instead of a fleet of camaros and Chrysler K cars.

Sit down with Quicken, and determine where you can save money.

• Members

My girlfriends brother just got {censored}ed by his phone the other day. They all switched to the "Pay as you go" phones from Virgin Mobile. They had however many minutes and unlimited text, it came out to like $15 or $20 a month each. Well he started getting these texts that said "$30 added to your account to top off" and didn't tell anyone until 6 days of receiving them. All said, the bill was $260 for 6 days worth of texting. Apparently on the very small print it tells you if you want unlimited texting billed monthly you have to call them, otherwise every month you have to select unlimited texts for that month. It's a really shady practice, phone companies are real scumbags.

• Members

Maybe it's time to re-evaluate your priorities, and establish a budget that allows for funding a savings account instead of a fleet of camaros and Chrysler K cars.

Sit down with Quicken, and determine where you can save money.

I have 2 Camaros, which happen to be paid for. And I don't have that piece of {censored} Dodge anymore.

• Members

I have 2 Camaros, which happen to be paid for. And I don't have that piece of shit Dodge anymore.

Sounds like you're already doing better. Now just sit down with Quicken, and figure out a way to build a savings cushion to prevent this situation from happening again. :thu:

• Members

Sounds like you're already doing better. Now just sit down with Quicken, and figure out a way to build a savings cushion to prevent this situation from happening again.
:thu:

I personally have no problems with money. My roommate, however, does. He will pay, fiercely. He owes me a LOT of money. Time to pay or hit the road and be sued.

I'm getting REALLY sick of people treating me like shit and thinking they can leech off of me like their mama. I'm afraid that's not going to happen anymore.

I was doing okay until this shit came along...

• Members

I personally have no problems with money. My roommate, however, does.

So...why the {censored} are you sharing a cell phone bill with your roommate?

Especially one with money (read: responsibility) problems?

That seems like the worst idea in the world to me.

• Members

So...why the {censored} are you sharing a cell phone bill with your roommate?

Especially one with money (read: responsibility) problems?

That seems like the worst idea in the world to me.

Didn't know he had money problems when we started the plan. I won't make that mistake again... nor will I have a roommate again.

• Members

Call the provider and setup some type of payment plan. Most financial departments will work with you to keep your service active as long as you are making payments. Try to get the other individual cut off from the plan. I worked as a regional sales manager for Nextel and Sprint for 9 years. Just give them a call.

On a side note, I am glad I don't work in this industry anymore. It is becoming so convoluted, too competitive.

• Members

I personally have no problems with money.
My roommate, however, does. He will pay, fiercely. He owes me a LOT of money. Time to pay or hit the road and be sued.

I'm getting REALLY sick of people treating me like {censored} and thinking they can leech off of me like their mama. I'm afraid that's not going to happen anymore.

I was doing okay until this {censored} came along...

Not having $400 to pay an unexpected bill = money problems

Sorry to be the bearer of bad new.

• Members

Not having $400 to pay an unexpected bill = money problems

Sorry to be the bearer of bad new.

Did I rack up the bill? No. It's not my responsibility, then.

Again, I have no money problems. I can acquire the money to pay it if I have to. Like I said earlier, I have a car I could sell RIGHT THIS SECOND for $500 and come out $148.23 ahead.

• Members

Did I rack up the bill? No. It's not my responsibility, then.

Again, I have no money problems. I can acquire the money to pay it if I have to. Like I said earlier, I have a car I could sell RIGHT THIS SECOND for $500 and come out $148.23 ahead.

I'm not trying to be a dick to you. Just emphasizing the need for a savings account.

Oh, and if your name is on the account, then you are responsible for the bill. It sucks that your roommate racked up the bill, but don't let that {censored} up your credit.

Archived