HCAF post your acoustics

Alchemist

• Members

Tacoma DM9. This one isn't mine, as I'm a right handed player, but it looks identical. Pre-Fender Tacomas (don't know about post-Fenders) were the best bang for the buck US acoustic you could buy.

tacoma-dm9lh-lefty4.jpg

If money were not object, I'd get a Rainsong WS1000.

• Members

I always felt like my acoustic guitar is just as important as my electric which is why I spent the same amount of money on my #1 as I did with my acoustic.

I really love acoustics..... a lot of players never really try a truly good acoustic... but if you really love guitar playing, and actually try a great guitar, you wont get that sound out of your head...

I have spent way more on my acoustics than my electrics... though my custom shop ESP is about on par with the average price of my acoustics.... you can get away with a lot more on electrics in terms of tone, but great wood and great construction really shines through on an acoustic, and theres no mods you can do to upgrade like on electrics, so its worth the initial investment

• Members

guiD55_2004.jpg

identical to mine..except i took the pickguard off of it..made it ring

more and i have brige doctor on it instead of the pegs..which made

its sing better..killer guitar,needs a bit of wor on the neck,it has some

finish stuff it needs.(really minor) and i want a brass nut for it.

• Members

no pics here-- but i haves:

a 1972 martin d18s-- 12 fretter slot headstock mahogany dreadnaught.. love:love:

a 2000 martin 00016s-- another 12 fretter slot headstock, but a triple o. probably my favorite! so fun to play for fingerstyle.

a 1936 kalamazoo l-00. needs a neck job-- but a REALLY cool sounding guit.. and when it's done, a great trashy blues guit.

a 1918 bruegelstein and jacobson 12 fretter parlor guit. very dry and great for clanky ragtime.

a guild jumbo, which never ever gets played. and a seagull s6-- which is a fun beater with a spruce top and cherry back and sides. its my wife's.. but she never plays it...

• Members

Since my acoustic broke over a year ago (Martin D-15) I've had so little motivation to play guitar.

I'm very excited, because I believe this summer I'm going to buy a Larrivee D03RE.

Wow, I'd be bummed too but I'd keep playing. A Martin D-15 is my dream acoustic. I love that guitar.

• 5 months later...
  • Members

This is the side I see when I play:

222afront.jpg

This is the side the audience sees:

222aback.jpg

I know, big pictures, but you get to see the detail. That striping is all natural to the wood.

I use a different bocal (the gold pipe thingy that sticks out) when I play hooked up to my effects and amps, one is the one in my avatar, but the one I usually use is slightly different.

Archived