what music or artist or band made you want to play music?

FZRJunkie

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sadly? Guitar Hero... :facepalm:

My daughters were into it. They decided they wanted real guitars. Got em both acoustics and an electric. Guitars started to collect dust... I picked one of them up one day and started messing with it.

Now here I am about a year and a half later with 5 guitars, 3 amps, half dozen pedals, and no talent... :D

Oh and the daughters still dont play... :lol:

• Members

Michael J.Fox and the Starlighters, playing Jonhny B.Goode.

Yes! My favorite response yet. When he started hammerin I got chicken-skin

(assuming you mean the scene in BttF when he dropped the jaws of those '50s folks)

• Members

Elvis and The Beatles got me into Music. Hard Rock of the 70's, most notably Jimi, Deep Purple, Led Zepplin, Black Sabbath, Trower, Frank Marino, Foghat, UFO etc made me fall in love with Guitars and hard guitar oriented music but the day I heard Eruption/You really got me on the radio, I knew that I had to buy a guitar and learn how to play...

Kage

• Members

Elvis and The Beatles got me into Music. Hard Rock of the 70's, most notably Jimi, Deep Purple, Led Zepplin, Black Sabbath, Trower, Frank Marino, Foghat, UFO etc made me fall in love with Guitars and hard guitar oriented music but the day I heard Eruption/You really got me on the radio, I knew that I had to buy a guitar and learn how to play...

Kage

Same. Eddie blew us all away didn't he?

For the record though, on a sidenote, Frank Marino? With or without Mahogany Rush that cat is a badass.

• Members

Same. Eddie blew us all away didn't he?

For the record though, on a sidenote, Frank Marino? With or without Mahogany Rush that cat is a badass.

Yeah, Eddie came out of left field and dropped my jaw.

Yep, Frank is in my top 3 of all time, way ahead of EVH actually...

• Members

James Patrick Page. Hands down, the first reason I wanted to grab a guitar and play

This was followed by tons of other guys including Joe Perry, EVH, Al Dimeola, etc.. etc... and just {censored} tons of bands. Still inspired by various players new and old today that make me wanna skip outta work, head home, and play. But Jimmy sealed the deal for me back in the day.

• Members

James Patrick Page. Hands down, the first reason I wanted to grab a guitar and play

This was followed by tons of other guys including Joe Perry, EVH, Al Dimeola, etc.. etc... and just {censored} tons of bands. Still inspired by various players new and old today that make me wanna skip outta work, head home, and play. But Jimmy sealed the deal for me back in the day.

I really like the guitar in your avatar - what is it?

Archived