OT: Air France Flight 447 Crash

Chrisjd

• Members

They are finding more and more debri from the plane. My question is, why can't they find ANY of the apparent 250 or so bodies?????

don't bodies float in salt water?

This is a horrible accident. Flying may be "safer" than driving, but when that plane goes down everyone on board is {censored}ED!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is a horrible accident. Flying may be "safer" than driving, but when that plane goes down everyone on board is {censored}ED!

I know. One time, I was on this flight from Sydney to LA, and the plane crashed on this deserted island. Everything seemed cool, but then all of this weird {censored} started happening, and we met some more survivors, and there were polar bears, and an underwater place, and a bunch of heroin, and like time travel and {censored}.

True story.

• Members

They are finding more and more debri from the plane. My question is, why can't they find ANY of the apparent 250 or so bodies?????

Assuming the plane broke up at high altitudes as is suggested by the lack of a mayday (ah {censored} we're going down!), it isn't likely that a body would survive such a fall. Throw a corpse into a brick wall at 120mph (terminal velocity for a human body) and see what's left. Then you have the chance of fire/burning/explosion and of course sharks.

Or maybe they were all taken by aliens. That always seems more likely.

-W

• Members

If you didn't know once a plane is like 100 miles offshore they are completely off radar.... The search and rescue or recovery whatever you want to call it at this point are scouring an apparant 50 mile area just for the black box alone... plus you have to figure in how much wind, tide and currents will factor into where alot of the passengers wind up :(

• Members

I know. One time, I was on this flight from Sydney to LA, and the plane crashed on this deserted island. Everything seemed cool, but then all of this weird {censored} started happening, and we met some more survivors, and there were polar bears, and an underwater place, and a bunch of heroin, and like time travel and {censored}.

True story.

dude totally...could kill someone for throwing all that heroin in the ocean...hello were on a {censored}ing deserted island..drug abuse doesnt apply here...just let me lie comatose and drooling on the beach, its not like im gonna miss anything..

• Members

The pilot was unable to make an emergancy landing on the water surface, it happened too quickly. At those speeds there is no difference between crashing into water or into concrete. I think everyone died right at the impact, especially since debris is literally everywhere. That plane has probably reached the bottom of the ocean already.

It's a disaster, very sad...

• Members

Because the plane is a hoax, put in place by Charles Widmore. The real plane is trapped on an island in the South Pacific...

Okay, that was in poor taste. Seriously though, I'm not sure. If I had to guess, the actual cabin of the plane probably still contains the passangers, whose bodies are securely buckled into their seats. At 30,000 feet, I'm sure they didn't survive the impact, so they wouldn't have left their chairs.

This whole thing really freaks the hell out of me. I took an Air France plane to Paris on Sunday, literally like 6 hours before this happened.

• Members

That plane has probably reached the bottom of the ocean already.

With most everyone still strapped in their seat. Some would float and be pretty hard to see when you don't know where to look, and others would be eaten.

• Members

YEAH!!!

BTW

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THE TWIN TOWERS FELL THE WAY THEY DID!!!

:eekphil:

• Members

My last TWO flying experiences were awful. The last time, I thought I was going to die for sure. I wouldn't set foot on a plane again unless I just HAD to. I don't think there is anything "safe" about flying Chris. I don't think God or whatever powers that be intended us to fly. Seriously.

• Members

No they don't. Dead bodies usually surface only when the amount of bacterial gases inside the body has reached a certain point.

I think he was thinking abotu the "Dead Sea" where you just sorta float because of how high the salt content is there. Obviously this doesn't apply to open ocean.

There's also this...

Air France Had Threat Days Before Crash

http://news.aol.com/article/air-france-crash-black-boxes/505833?icid=main|main|dl1|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fnews.aol.com%2Farticle%2Fair-france-crash-black-boxes%2F505833 :(

-Ans-

• Members

Assuming the plane broke up at high altitudes as is suggested by the lack of a mayday (ah {censored} we're going down!), it isn't likely that a body would survive such a fall. Throw a corpse into a brick wall at 120mph (terminal velocity for a human body) and see what's left. Then you have the chance of fire/burning/explosion and of course sharks.

Or maybe they were all taken by aliens. That always seems more likely.

-W

It was a space laser beam! :idea:

In all seriousness, I think it's all been covered. At that kind of altitude and speed... not much is gonna survive. Even the plane is probably mostly vaporized. All I can say at least most of them died so quickly it probably didnt even hurt. Instant death beats a slow, agonizing, lonely one any day. It just sucks that they didnt get to live out their lives first.

Archived