OT:Why is comedy central..

bluesbox101

• Members

They are just doing what most networks do...they found something that worked very well and made them alot of money (Chapelle), and now that he is gone they are going to give every moderately sucessful comedian a clip show and exploit the {censored} out of them....hoping they can recreate the sucess of Chapelle's Show.

• Members

I think Stephen Colbert is one of the greats. If they were thinking right, they would have gotten HIM to do the Tonight Show, someday he'll be the "next" Johnny Carson. Just wait and see.

Too edgy and witty. Hell...even DAVE had to "dumb down" his humor going up

against Leno. Middle America has a lot of people that aren't bright (and by some weird coincidence don't have cable) and that's what network TV has to pander to. Colbert would bomb on network TV late night. Seriously... half that audience wouldn't even be able to figure out when he's joking.

• Members

Colbert would bomb on network TV late night. Seriously... half that audience wouldn't even be able to figure out when he's joking.

kinda like Dennis Miller on MNF.

example:

"When the hell is Warren Moon going to retire? I mean, this guy is older than the cuneiform in Nebuchadnezzar's tomb."

• Members

Daniel Tosh is about the funniest thing on there now though. Seen the guy live a bunch of times, always comes with great stuff.

I thought he was lame after watching his first comedy central special, but then I heard his cd... TOTALLY different. Non stop laughs.

Archived