What car do you haul your gear in?

PigWings_v2.0

• Members

So who drives a compact car and still manages to fit all your gear into it?

It's new car time and I need something thats small and gets decent gas mileage yet still has room for cargo. '02-05 hatchback Civic SI seems what I might be lookin' at.

I wonder if I can fit a recto 4x12 cab in the back with the rear seats folded? That's really all the room I'd need! How do you get your stuff around?

Don't buy one, but I could easily get a half stack in a taurus if I had to. The back holds a 4x12 and that leaves the back seat open. Hell we've even fit a 4x12 in the back seat.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

my 03 jetta holds all my stuff. it was like they designed the back seat around my PPC412.

in one jetta (no passengers of course, just me): TV50 head in roadcase (front seat, in a seat belt), PPC412, gigantic pedalboard (the biggest rondo case), SG in hc case, strat in hc case, tele in hc case, bag with drum machine, MR8. mics, cables, power strips, mic stands, keyboard amp and keyboards in trunk.

• Members

The band carries our own PA, and I have a good chunk of it, so a 1998 Nissan Pathfinder with about 12-13 mpg FTL.

Gigs where there is house sound, I can take my 1993 Mustang LX 5.0, with:

Dr. Z Carmen Ghia head

Pedaltrain II pedalboard

2 guitars

If I'm still in this band and need a new vehicle, the Element is at the top of my list for sure.

• Members

This is why I {censored}ing love my 05 wrx wagon. Enough room for my orange 4x12 in the back without having to fold the seats down. The rest can go on the back seat and a few things in the trunk.

Oh yea, and it's AWD, quick, and still gets almost 25mpg.

• Members

just so everyone knows, when times get tough and the band van blows up, you can fit an oversized mesa 4x12 in the trunk of a 2 door cavalier with the backseat folded down, PERFECTLY. oh as long as its a slant, cuz the slant fits right in the hole baby.

• Members

I drive an '01 toyota camry. I can fit my half stack + guitar and bag o' cables/pedals in the trunk alone. I can fit a second rig in the back seat. it's awesome.

When it's the whole band, I have a '94 Dodge Ram 250 conversion van. With a trailer behind it for gear it's the most comfortable tour van ever, the back bench folds to a bed.

• Members

So who drives a compact car and still manages to fit all your gear into it?

It's new car time and I need something thats small and gets decent gas mileage yet still has room for cargo.
'02-05 hatchback Civic SI
seems what I might be lookin' at.

I wonder if I can fit a recto 4x12 cab in the back with the rear seats folded? That's really all the room I'd need! How do you get your stuff around?

My fav Honda of all time !

Just a beautifull car :evil:

http://autodrum.com/img/media/wallpapers/honda_civic_type_r_2005_01.jpg

http://www.kris.1000lecie.pl/civicpics/2002%20Honda%20Civic%20Type-R.jpg

. . . and it has great amounts of space too :thu:

• Members

I use a '04 Dodge Durango when moving my stuff around. Thing has a LOT of space, and I use every bit of it. Guitar gear is NOTHING compared to moving a whole drumset with stands, ect. I love seeing people here bitch about moving a single 4x12 :lol:

In the back we can fit:

5 piece drumset

6 cymbal stands

6 cymbals

Double kick pedal

Halfstack and all needed cables

5-7 guitars and a bass and all pedals, etc.

1x15 bass cab

If we're running a stereo rig that night, we normally have to enlist a friend to cover the extra amp/cab

• Members

I use a '04 Dodge Durango when moving my stuff around. Thing has a LOT of space, and I use every bit of it. Guitar gear is NOTHING compared to moving a whole drumset with stands, ect. I love seeing people here bitch about moving a single 4x12
:lol:

In the back we can fit:

5 piece drumset

6 cymbal stands

6 cymbals

Double kick pedal

Halfstack and all needed cables

5-7 guitars and a bass and all pedals, etc.

1x15 bass cab

If we're running a stereo rig that night, we normally have to enlist a friend to cover the extra amp/cab

+1 fro the Durango

I have an 05 Durango that fits a rediculous amount of crap in it.

• Members

I bought a little ford explorer to haul my stuff when its raining..it gets good gas milage and i can get my full stacks , racks,guitars ..pretty much everything for me and the other guitarist in it.

The back seat lays down, otherwise i use my Z71 or pull a trailor if i need more room.

00fordexplorer.jpg

Archived