jcm2000 WTF

Jcm800_6550

• Members

dude im 18 years old i dont know much about amps ok, so i ask the questions, so that i can learn, just because i dont know the amp inside and out does not mean i cant play or w.e you are assuming, obviously you are young because no adult would get this ridiculous about some noob asking questions in his search of tone, and if you are an adult then u need to grow the {censored} up.

Thanks

-Frank

I think dewy got some BHz

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Are u coming to the chi ampfest?

If so ill have my voodoo modded dsl there, the red channel sounds less fizzy than the stock dsl does. Biggest dif imo.

when is it ill bring my 800 and my g1265 cab, sounds sooo {censored}ing good

• Members

dude im 18 years old i dont know much about amps ok, so i ask the questions, so that i can learn, just because i dont know the amp inside and out does not mean i cant play or w.e you are assuming, obviously you are young because no adult would get this ridiculous about some noob asking questions in his search of tone, and if you are an adult then u need to grow the {censored} up.

Thanks

-Frank

And I'm 16, whats your point?

You ask the same questions, make the same stupd conclusions, and get the same answers EVERY TIME you ask a question, which typically is about DSL vs JCM800.

Where the {censored} did I assume you can't play? I'm just saying you're {censored}ing retarded.

• Members

I knew it was kids on this forum that made me think the average age was 12.:facepalm:

To the OP....your amp needs fixing. Tubes at the very least...if not something more serious. Get your amp fixed and go find some english lessons.:thu:

• Members

12at7 in the pi position.

I'm yes and no with this. I liked it for the most part, minus the gain drop which was more than I expected. However, I boost anyways which makes up for that.

However, those were my thoughts live with my EMG loaded guitars. Now that I have this LP with the PAF's in it, I think I might go back to the 12ax7 in pi to bring back some of that high end, and see if the PAF's tame a bit of the fizz with that tube in that position. I've been using a bit more high end than normal (band situations) for cut reasons and really enjoying it live.

• Members

I'm yes and no with this. I liked it for the most part, minus the gain drop which was more than I expected. However, I boost anyways which makes up for that.

However, those were my thoughts live with my EMG loaded guitars. Now that I have this LP with the PAF's in it, I think I might go back to the 12ax7 in pi to bring back some of that high end, and see if the PAF's tame a bit of the fizz with that tube in that position. I've been using a bit more high end than normal (band situations) for cut reasons and really enjoying it live.

Funny my experience is that the amp has MORE high end with the AT, it's clearer.

Gave me a big WTF moment when I did the swap, didn't expect that.

• Members

I'll add to this too... since I sold my DSL100 after I built my Plexi/800 hybrid clone, and my bandmate still use a DSL50:

The DSL is an amazing amp, but it does sound more "cluttered" than a simpler vintage Marshall (like a 2203/2204 JCM800 for example).

Or at least, it's the case with my clone. I notice my output transformer is as big as on the DSL100, but it's a 50W... take that as you may. Also, the choke may have an effect since it gives a very solid supply to the screens (and at a higher voltage)..

The AT helped clear the DSL a bit, but my clone still makes it sound like a toy with AX all around. Nature of the beast.

Archived