Vito Bratta... Holy Crap

spruilldog

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Vito Bratta had not been heard from since 1994 until his interview by Eddie Trunk live on February 16, 2007.

The following key points were revealed during the Eddie Trunk interview:

Vito Bratta's father suffered through a 5 year illness, and this required a large amount of personal time and commitment on Vito's part, both emotionally and financially. Nicola Bratta died on March 26, 2005.

In 1997 he injured his wrist while playing classical guitar and finds it painful to move his hand up and down the guitar neck; he manages to play nylon string guitars without too much discomfort. This injury seems to not be fully healed.

He has never ruled out a White Lion reunion; up until now they have been impossible due to family obligations and his wrist injury. This is a little transcription of the Eddie Trunk's interview:

On the possibility of a WHITE LION reunion:

Vito Bratta: "As far as working with Mike Tramp again and doing the WHITE LION thing, I've never said 'No' to anything. I've said 'No' for certain reasons. Things have happened in my life where I've had to say 'No' to people. 'Listen, I just can't do this right now.' And there were reasons behind it. . . My father had a five-year illness, and it was just a nightmare. And there was no one who was gonna take care of him except for me and my mom, and that's what we did to the very end. Unfortunately, you can't just walk away. Now, in the WHITE LION days, it's not just you that's young

• Members
only on HCAF would people say some "one hit wonder" is better or more tasteful than Van Halen
:lol:

I totally agree. Where we he be without Ed? Standing there playing nothing. Where is he now? Doing nothing. Those songs make me cringe, they're nothing but a VH wannabe band. Vito is a capable player no doubt, he realy needs to find his own thing though.

• Members

Only on HCAF would people say that Van Halen is the be all and end all of guitarists
:rolleyes:

Lurve yas brutha, but I'm pretty certain that over 30 years of being one of the most copied and influential rock guitarists in the history of the instrument, you'd most likely find MILLIONS of people outside of HCAF that would say just that.

I really don't understand how this has become an Eddie vs. Vito pissing match. They're both great players, and though Vito was certainly influenced by Eddie, I think it's pretty clear that he does his own thing with it, much like Nuno. Prefer whichever you want, it's all subjective in the end, but ya gotta at least recognize and respect their individual talents.

I've only heard one or two guys on this forum I'd even say were close to being on the level of a player like Vito. If you feel differently, post a clip and prove it!

As for Eddie, there's just no arguing that the guy is the most influential rock guitarist since Hendrix, and all his well-documented problems, weirdness and epic Photoshop lulz aside, the guy is one of the VERY baddest true MUSICIANS ever to pick up the instrument. Call me when a couple of generations worth of players have studied and debated your tone alone, will ya?!

• Members

Interesting interview, considering Eddie Trunk and Mike Tramp were best friends growing up and actually mike tramp lived in Eddie's house for 3 or 4 years when they were teenagers. Eddie Trunk is a metal lifer.

• Members

Such a great guitarist who always set melodies as priority in his solos! Such fantastic, tricky but simple melodic solos he wrote... Wait's solo is one of my favorites and I like it so much I made a cover of it few years ago. It isn't a dead-accurate cover with all the nuances taken from Vito but it's quite close.

http://www.student.oulu.fi/~kemppaja/Wait%20Solo.mp3

• Members

Lurve yas brutha, but I'm pretty certain that over 30 years of being one of the most copied and influential rock guitarists in the history of the instrument, you'd most likely find MILLIONS of people outside of HCAF that would say just that.

I really don't understand how this has become an Eddie vs. Vito pissing match. They're both great players, and though Vito was certainly influenced by Eddie, I think it's pretty clear that he does his own thing with it, much like Nuno. Prefer whichever you want, it's all subjective in the end, but ya gotta at least recognize and respect their individual talents.

I've only heard one or two guys on this forum I'd even say were close to being on the level of a player like Vito. If you feel differently, post a clip and prove it!

As for Eddie, there's just no arguing that the guy is the most influential rock guitarist since Hendrix, and all his well-documented problems, weirdness and epic Photoshop lulz aside, the guy is one of the VERY baddest true MUSICIANS ever to pick up the instrument. Call me when a couple of generations worth of players have studied and debated your tone alone, will ya?!

Influential yes. Most definitely. Anyone would be stupid to argue otherwise but be all and end all, I don't think so.

Agree to disagree I guess :)

• Members

...and if you ask me, Nuno B was a WAY bigger VH "ripoff" than Vito ever was
:idk:

I have to disagree with that. Vito had some quirks in his playing that leaned closer to Ed than Nuno. I am not saying that Nuno didn't lean that way also but Vito was much closer IMHO.

• Members

I have to disagree with that. Vito had some quirks in his playing that leaned closer to Ed than Nuno. I am not saying that Nuno didn't lean that way also but Vito was much closer IMHO.

I agree.

I think Nuno was way closer to Warren Di Martini's style and sound (definitely sound)than Eddies. That's exactly what I thought (he sounded like Warren) when I first saw Extreme live in the 80's.

• Members

, I'm not gonna say, 'No, it'll never happen.' I would love for it to happen today, to be honest with you. I just don't think it can happen today. But I'm not gonna shut the door. And Mike Tramp knows that. And what I keep appealing to Mike is 'Stop shutting the door in my face.' You know what I mean?!"

Wow, I can so sadly relate to this. :(

Archived