It's the carbs that make you fart

Spizzledude

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've been doing Atkins for a few months and have been gas free. This weekend was a party weekend so I ate all kinds of carb laden food.

Today I am emitting the fumes of doom.
:thu:

Gotta be teh carbs.

The diet is fine and safe! I've done it many times and lost a lot of weight everytime. The only thing is when ever I go off the diet I gain it back, which is true with all diets!

The Atkins diet gets a bad reputation because people don't understand it. You can't eat a lot of fatty foods and lose weight. It's just that when you cut out the carbs you don't want to eat as much as you normally do!

• Members

The best diet is portion control, common sense, and regular exercise.

exercise won't make you not react to the lectins in certain foods... and it won't flush the contaminates out of a lot of our foods that we eat nowadays.

portion control is extremely important tho.

• Members

You're retarded if you think Atkins is good for you. It will make you lose weight, but I cringe to think about what it's doing to your cardiovascular system.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah... :blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

My cholesterol is below 200 on Atkins. Avoiding saturated fat FTMFW. :cop:

• Members

exercise won't make you not react to the lectins in certain foods... and it won't flush the contaminates out of a lot of our foods that we eat nowadays.

portion control is extremely important tho.

Of course. Running 5 miles a day won't do anything if you live off of fast food or a bunch of boxed garbage, thus the common sense comment. Even if someone has none they can take a gander at a glycemic index chart and be good to go.

• Members

Nah, it's drastically changing your diet that makes you fart. You went from no-carbs to loads of carbs and that did it. Changing from a high carb diet to a no-carb, high-protein diet or something would have the same effect.

I stopped farting totally on the diet. I started when I went back to carbs. Before the diet I farted all the time, ask my wife.

• Members

The best diet is portion control, common sense, and regular exercise.

Yep: The best diet is not a diet but a lifestyle that ensures the body is fed good fuel by eating healthy foods you like, in appropriate quantities, in proper carb/fat/protein portions, on regular intervals and regularly exercise it doing a variety of things you find enjoyable including {censored}ing as often as possible.

• Members

The digestive system is an adaptive system, which is partially why diets stop working after awhile.

But if your eating a very specific diet, and then introduce new kinds of foods in large portions, your system will not be equipped with the necessary enzymes, in large enough quantities to handle it.

It's the fact that it's new.

• Members

The digestive system is an adaptive system, which is partially why diets stop working after awhile.

But if your eating a very specific diet, and then introduce new kinds of foods in large portions, your system will not be equipped with the necessary enzymes, in large enough quantities to handle it.

It's the fact that it's new.

Bingo.

That's why it's really all about fiber for most people because we can never digest fiber.

zentman just can't process carbs well right now because he hasn't been eating that {censored} for a long time.

Also, that blood-type diet stuff is a crock of {censored}.

• Members

The diet is fine and safe! I've done it many times and lost a lot of weight everytime. The only thing is when ever I go off the diet I gain it back, which is true with all diets!

The Atkins diet gets a bad reputation because people don't understand it. You can't eat a lot of fatty foods and lose weight. It's just that when you cut out the carbs you don't want to eat as much as you normally do!

True.Read the book "Protein Power" by Dr. Eades for a scientific explanation of the diet's effect of excess insulin on the body.The danger is with people that do not follow the diet properly,which is unfortunately most people.

Ed

• Members

Better than atkins= the blood type diet. read eat right for your type. You may have a wheat/potato/lactose intolerance and not even know it. I've felt way better since following the diet.

this is the diet i follow and it rules

i get to eat {censored} tons of meat all the time YAY

not really a diet though, more of an eating habits for life kinda thing

Archived