It's the carbs that make you fart

Spizzledude

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

not even portion control.....low carb you can eat like a king.

Yeah, but no one does. No one consumes pounds of eggs or red meat like you're purported to be able to do on Atkins. The lack of variety available to you means you're eating less.

Seattle Sutton, Nutrisystem .... have you seen a typical meal from either? They're tiny.

It's all about portion control and moderation.

• Members
Digested vegetation and the breakdown of simple starches tend to make for lots of methane production.

Ed

This makes sense. I've had a couple of vegan friends over the years, and though their farts are seemingly fewer, they definately pack a VERY raunchy, nasty bite. Can hang with the worst of my rare steak, dark beer, deep fried onion rings,and garlic mashed potatoes farts! :eek:

• Members
It's sugar and white flour....processed foods....basically just the american diet as a whole. Nothing wrong with low carb. Most people get more good carbs on a low carb diet than they ever did before. It's not even a diet......just get rid of the junk. not even portion control.....low carb you can eat like a king. it's the nickle and dime crap foods we americans live on everyday loaded with empty calories......we get so many worthless diets because people make $$$ trying to give you an angle so you can keep eating junk.

Your right. Cutting out sugar and white bleached flour, makes a huge diff.

• Members

You can actually taste an especially robust fart.

That is VERY true!

I had a boss yell at me one time on a factory job, warning me if I didn't stop farting like I was, he was gonna send me home for the night. He literally told me it smelled so bad he could taste it and that I "might as well be taking a {censored} in his mouth", in exactly those words.

I still giggle like a school girl when I look back on that! :lol:

• Members
That is VERY true!

I had a boss yell at me one time on a factory job, warning me if I didn't stop farting like I was, he was gonna send me home for the night. He literally told me it smelled so bad he could taste it and that
I "might as well be taking a hit in his mouth",
in exactly those words.

I still giggle like a school girl when I look back on that!
:lol:

Oh boy, this had me lulzing.

• Members

He literally told me it smelled so bad he could taste it and that I "might as well be taking a {censored} in his mouth", in exactly those words.

Actually, you were. All odors are particulate. That means whatever you're smelling, you're ingesting no matter how small the droplets. That's even true if you don't smell it. Lots of {censored} in the air, some of it literally {censored}. You WERE taking one in his mouth.

• Members

It's the sugar, white flower, and high fructrose corn syrup they put in everything. Food manufactures are killing america......one bite at a time. They know exactly what they're doing too-$$$. No low carber would ever advise someone not to eat produce.

Yep. This is correct. Start reading labels. They put that {censored}ing high fructose corn syrup in everything. You'll be amazed what they put that garbage in. Gee, why are so many people overweight and diabetes is off the charts? Duh.:cop:

• Members

Yeah, but no one does. No one consumes pounds of eggs or red meat like you're purported to be able to do on Atkins. The lack of variety available to you means you're eating less.

Seattle Sutton, Nutrisystem .... have you seen a typical meal from either? They're tiny.

It's all about portion control and moderation.

Don't see what your saying......why did you bring up SS and NS? I couldn't give 2 {censored}s about those.

Again.....get rid of the processed foods......especially high fructrose corn syrup, sugar and white flower. Most people could loose weight on a 3000 calorie diet if they got rid of that junk. like I said food manufactures are killing america......one bite at a time. They know exactly what they're doing-$$$.

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1914857,00.html

checkout Gary Taubes 'Good Calories, Bad Calories'.

Archived