is there ANY way to fit a 4x12 in a Mustang??

guitarbilly74

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have a '98 mustang and on the second try I fit a 1960AX into it (first try was only the wife and I). Recline the front seat all the way, kinda start in vertical, make a spin to the right and down, then try to balance it from poking a hole in the console, door, or seat.

luckily it was only a few miles.

• Members

get this^^^^^ and post pics so we can make fun of you:lol:

I think it would be pretty badass to see a mustang going down the road with a 4x12 sitting on the back, the back seats loaded with guitars and amps.

In fact if I saw a Mustang like that, I would probably follow them just to see where they were going, because it is probably somewhere I want to be as well.

• Members

I think it would be pretty badass to see a mustang going down the road with a 4x12 sitting on the back, the back seats loaded with guitars and amps.

In fact if I saw a Mustang like that, I would probably follow them just to see where they were going, because it is probably somewhere I want to be as well.

Mexico?

• Members

A lot of the local autocross guys bring their track tires in tow behind their cars. Just put a trailer hitch on it (one of those inconspicuous ones) and get a small trailer.

Unibody cars are not meant for towing, but it can handle a 100 lb cab.

Something like this:

Tire+Trailer+0041238976152.jpg

how do I remove the seat?
:facepalm:

There are probably 4 bolts on the bottom. two for each seat rail. Two in the front, and two in the back. There may be a cover over each bolt. You'll remove the covers, then you'll see the bolts that hold in the seat rails. After those come out it should come right out.

• Members

That's actually what i was talking about. I see them fairly often, especially for powered chairs, since you can't fold those up.

I was thinking you were talking about a folding wheelchair :facepalm::lol:

Yeah, they work great. Might cost some moniez though, so it might not be a good choice for him right now.

• Members

No...this:

HitchRack.jpg

Although I'm sure it would handle wheelchair carrying duties as well.

You should definitely get this. and put the cab on it

Then wire the cab to the speaker system of your Mustang and blast the heavy metal band of your choice to anyone that dare tailgate your ride :rawk:

• Members

I've owned 6 Mustangs, and unless it's a Hatchback from the 80's, they won't fit.

Owned an 98' an 01' and currently an 07' and tried with all.

The console is one of the sticking points, plus the highth of the cabinet width wise as your trying to load it sideways.

I had to buy a 2x12 to gig with.

• Members

4 bolts... probably 13mm hex head. Then probably a big torx bit for the seatbelt. Check it out it shouldn't be hard.

I am going to try this tomorrow. The seat belt is not attached to the seat in any way so it shouldn't be a problem. If that's all I have to do then I'm good.

Archived