Fender Telecasters-I want one.

Chrisjd

• Members

Never liked fender much, but I really wouldn't mind owning a nice telecaster.

Something with a humbucker, but not an EMG, that I could tune down half a step to Eb.

I think they are seckzy, and I know they sound great as I have played them.

Do they handle lower tunings ok? Not sure if the bridge and tuners are up for that job....

• Members

Wow Chris, never would've thought you'd like a tele. I'm building my own right now. All I'm waiting for is my custom neck from Warmoth and she'll be done.

I bought one of these:
teledeluxe.jpg

and have turned it into this
Purity_customTele.jpg

It looks {censored}ing mean and I can hardly wait until the neck arrives. I'll post pics of the real deal when its done.

• Members
Never liked fender much, but I really wouldn't mind owning a nice telecaster.

Something with a humbucker, but not an EMG, that I could tune down half a step to Eb.

I think they are seckzy, and I know they sound great as I have played them.

Do they handle lower tunings ok? Not sure if the bridge and tuners are up for that job....

Don't worry about the bridge pickup, just buy one with the features you want, and then replace the bridge and drop in the pickup of your choice. I think new Tele's are already routed underneath the bridge for a full size 'bucker. I would also replace the volume pot with a 500k.

IMG_0956.jpg

• Members

I made a Warmoth telecaster deluxe with a Nailbomb in the bridge and a Mississippi Queen P90 in the neck. It sounded amazing...then some lowlife stoled it from me.

Tele + P90s = win on every possible level.

I got a set of Rio Grade Dirty Harrys coming for my MIM Tele. They're supposed to sound exactly like P90s. :love:

• Members

Don't worry about the bridge pickup, just buy one with the features you want, and then replace the bridge and drop in the pickup of your choice. I think new Tele's are already routed underneath the bridge for a full size 'bucker. I would also replace the volume pot with a 500k.

IMG_0956.jpg

Some might be. My MIA wasn't.

I :love: your Tele!

• Members
Tele + P90s = win on every possible level.

I got a set of Rio Grade Dirty Harrys coming for my MIM Tele. They're supposed to sound exactly like P90s.
:love:

i prefer a humbucker in the bridge for rock stuff, but I LOVE the way a P90 sounds in the neck. It can still get a great clean chime, but just sounds mean on a dirt channel.

Archived