Fender Telecasters-I want one.

Chrisjd

• Members

What are most teles necks made out of? And refresh my memory as to what their shape it like.

Maple neck. Finger board either maple or rosewood.

Shape depends on the year/era or exact model of Telecaster, ie, Custom, Deluxe, Nashville, etc.

• Members

What are most teles necks made out of? And refresh my memory as to what their shape it like.

I thought nearly all Fender necks were maple with either maple or rosewood fretboard.

The shape depends on what model you get. MIA/deluxe/MIM/reissue

Edit: haha same info..just 5 minutes too late. Shouldn't have left the computer to do work

• Members

I thought nearly all Fender necks were maple with either maple or rosewood fretboard.

The shape depends on what model you get. MIA/deluxe/MIM/reissue

Edit: haha same info..just 5 minutes too late. Shouldn't have left the computer to do work

Yeah the maple rosewood is what I was expecting. I actually really like rosewood, it has a nice sweet sound to it imo. I play a lot of ebony guitars too.

• Members

It's obvious that there are thousands of possible Tele variants out there.

Emerald City Guitars has a very talented guitar tech named Eric Daw. He has started constructing "relic" tele's that are as good or better than any Fender I've ever picked up.

He has worked on a lot of the real vintage stuff and has figured out what makes the really good ones sound really good.

He gets the wooden parts from USA Custom Guitars out of Tacoma, works his magic on the neck, and runs some voltage through the vintage style pickups to degauss them slightly. His "Pinup" line of guitars gets names instead of serial numbers. Mine is Marie.

Take a look at www.emeraldcityguitars.com and scroll through the fenders, gibsons, etc., until you get to others and see if there is a Pinup offered. Buy it and you won't be disappointed (if you really wanted a Telecaster and not a Les Paul dressed like one)

• Members

Christa-fer a Tele with a humbucker is NOT a Tele :poke:

True, but at the same time the only reason I like teles is for their shape and the scale.

Pretty much the reason I can't stand gibsons. They have great tone, but I can't stand the feel.

• Members

Hot DAMN that is SEXY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW! How much??

It's one of these:

Fender Special Edition Custom Telecaster Spalted Maple HH Electric Guitar

I bought mine well before the Fender price increases, but I'm sure that you could do better than $820. Great sounding guitar...

Funny enough, it is more Les Paul than Tele in many ways, as BusterBuster said. However, the pickups are splittable (reverse wound Duncan '59 in the neck, Pearly Gates Plus in the bridge), and when you split them, you definitely get into traditional Telecaster-ish sounds...maybe 70% of the way there. It sounds really, really good when split.

I've found it to be one of the guitars that I grab most frequently when I need something versatile on a gig.

Made in Korea, too.

• Members
Fender Blackout Tele

All mahogany with a set neck. Needs new pups though. I hate the Pearly Gates+ and '59 that are in that thing.

They sold new for like $700. MF started blowing them out and I got mine for $250.
:thu:

One of my old bandmates has one. I hate the pickups with a passion, his playing style (extremely percussive) didn't help either.

Nice lookers for sure.

• Members

One of my old bandmates has one. I hate the pickups with a passion, his playing style (extremely percussive) didn't help either.

Nice lookers for sure.

You're the second person that said that they hated the pickup combination. I've got the exact same ones in mine, and love them.

What do you guys not like about the combination, and what style are you playing? For rock (not metal), I think these things sound excellent, and I've not come across a combination that splits better than them...

• Members

You're the second person that said that they hated the pickup combination. I've got the exact same ones in mine, and love them.

What do you guys not like about the combination, and what style are you playing? For rock (not metal), I think these things sound excellent, and I've not come across a combination that splits better than them...

It could be just the way he plays, he makes most guitars sound like absolute {censored}- he plays way too hard, and his pick is at a really odd angle. He plays like a spastic.

When I played it, I thought it sounded alright. Then again, I generally don't agree with humbuckers in Telecasters- sold my American Deluxe FMT HH. Currently use a Korean Lite Ash loaded with Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders, which keeps the clarity and adds masses of punch.

Archived