Strat & high gain...

peehoo

• Members

I'm gassing for a SSS strat recently. The thing is that I really don't play stuff that is usually associated with strats. I can't find and clips of SSS high gain strat tone. Obviously I know it won't do the brootalz as well as some other guitars and I don't need it to. Just want to see how it sounds. But for some reason I can't find any clips of high gain strats. So any clips or comments/opinions are welcome :wave:

• Members

I'm gassing for a SSS strat recently. The thing is that I really don't play stuff that is usually associated with strats. I can't find and clips of SSS high gain strat tone. Obviously I know it won't do the brootalz as well as some other guitars and I don't need it to. Just want to see how it sounds. But for some reason I can't find any clips of high gain strats. So any clips or comments/opinions are welcome
:wave:

I have some videos of me playing through a recto with a strat doing rock with a decent amount of gain using a fralin sp43, but the videos aren't even worth watching because of the horrendous quality :facepalm: I'll show you clips of how it sounds when I start guitars on the EP I'm working on. The fralin sp43 handles it well.

also www.myspace.com/dysrhythmiaband I believe uses an sss strat.

• Members

I'm not sure if it qualifies for "high gain" (it's not 5150 or recto-ish) but there's tons of SSS strat in the clips in the myspace below, and there's plenty of gain in these songs v

IMO it's not as nice sounding as P-90's for this sorta stuff, but I still like the strat better than my SG. I don't typically go for "smooth" types of distortion.

• Members

I gotta say, I am borrowing my buddy's sss USA strat for a show, I used it at practice this weekend (tuned down a whole step, then dropped C) through my Soladano Avenger 100 and it was instant {censored}ing love! I never knew strats would sound that metal.

• Members

Thanks for the suggestions!

I like all the sounds posted. Like I said I'm not looking for stereotypical sound or whatever you wanna call it... Frankly I just never really played a strat with high gain. It's not that that would be the only thing I'd be doing with it, I'd just like to know if it's possible without getting everything into a noisy mush. :thu:

• Members

I'd just like to know if it's possible without getting everything into a noisy mush.
:thu:

More than possible. The clip I posted is on the very noisy side due to A) the cheap adapter powering the SD-1 and B) the noisy, ancient wiring in my house. My rigs are much quieter anywhere else. :lol:

Strats are tight and clear under high gain, and more aggressive tone-wise than you'd think. :thu:

• Members

I'm gassing for a SSS strat recently. The thing is that I really don't play stuff that is usually associated with strats. I can't find and clips of SSS high gain strat tone. Obviously I know it won't do the brootalz as well as some other guitars and I don't need it to. Just want to see how it sounds. But for some reason I can't find any clips of high gain strats. So any clips or comments/opinions are welcome
:wave:

done with a camcorder with a seymour duncun hot rail, I really like this pup. Im no expert guitar player ok!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOiFyi61o4M&feature=channel_page

• Members

More than possible. The clip I posted is on the very noisy side due to A) the cheap adapter powering the SD-1 and B) the noisy, ancient wiring in my house. My rigs are much quieter anywhere else.
:lol:

Strats are tight and clear under high gain, and more aggressive tone-wise than you'd think.
:thu:

agree on the strats for sure!

Archived