OT: For the Older guys on here....

Chrisjd

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No more big bashes EVERY single weekend, no more banging sluts at said party in the bathroom/bedroom/etc., no more interacting with 15-20 friends everyday.

I was all the way through college before I realised that this is what I should have been doing, instead of studying.

Though I don't regret studying now ;-)

• Members

I'll be 25 this winter and I feel like im in the same boat you are mentally. It's a weird time for me and I feel as if I am growing away from a time in my life I really enjoyed. I play in a band with 2 guys that are 21, and 2 that just turned 20. While it's a small difference...when I was 20 I was getting ready to move away to college.

For me, its all about realizing how great things are for me at the moment. I thorougly enjoyed my college years, and as much as I would love to do it again...I will always have the memories. Now I'm in a great band, have an amazing girlfriend and a job that may not always be what I want, but it's a solid job.

The more you worry about time passing, is just more time that is passing.

You got to enjoy your time.

I'm only 22 but I live like much older people really. But that's what I enjoy. Some people think I'm boring but I love it. I wake up, drink my coffee and read the news and go to work. On my off days I play video games and write songs. I'm a homebody really. I don't like to go out a lot.

I wish I had a band. I just posted on craigslist and I got a ton of responses. I hope that I get in one. I really miss going to band practice.

My last band had a lot of drama and I quit and I thought it sucked. But now that I look back it was fun. I wish I would have not quit. There was a lot of good songs to be made.

• Members

You got to enjoy your time.

I still enjoy my time:thu:

Tonight I'm playing a pretty sweet in downtown Chicago with my band. I still party on weekends, its just more like 1 night a week then the 3 or 4 when I was in college.

It's funny. I went and visited my college a few months ago for a 4 day weekend. By the 3 day I was already burnt out on the whole partying thing. Dont get me wrong, I definitely enjoy it. But there are other important things in life.

• Members

Once I hit 40, I could really feel the body slow down-- I can pretty much survive on no food at all and not lose weight. And I can't have more than three drinks without feeling crap the next day.

On the upside, my playing is better than it's ever been, even better than when I was on stage 3-4 times a week. And I've now got the cash to buy whatever I need to satisfy my GAS.

Having kids keeps you feeling young. You know the toys you buy your kids? Well, you get to play with them, too.

• Members

Besides paying off debt:mad:

I still enjoy my time:thu:

Tonight I'm playing a pretty sweet in downtown Chicago with my band. I still party on weekends, its just more like 1 night a week then the 3 or 4 when I was in college.

It's funny. I went and visited my college a few months ago for a 4 day weekend. By the 3 day I was already burnt out on the whole partying thing. Dont get me wrong, I definitely enjoy it. But there are other important things in life.

Yeah, I mean for me I'll just be sitting in my apartment playing guitar and it'll hit me how lucky I am. I mean some people live in the ghetto and can't afford the kind of guitars I have.

I'm sitting there in a nice place doing whatever the hell I want.

I think that's what stops me from getting married. I've been engaged twice and I couldn't go through with it. I'm so used to doing what I want. Having my own life. Not sharing.

Being married there would be stress and someone else would be there. If my girlfriend spends the night for over 2 nights in a row I start wanting her to go home. I love her but I just don't like someone being around all the time. My friends back home think I'm stupid for not marrying her because she's such a good girl. There aren't many like her. But I just can't bring myself to give up my single life.

But some people are co dependent and they'd be lonely as {censored} if they lived my life. They'd think it sucked. But I think it rules.

• Members

Another thing I notice about getting older is I do things that I never thought I would do.

I used to think all country music sucked and I just wanted to hear metal growing up. Now, I play acoustic a lot more and I listen to a lot more soft stuff including country.

Call me feminine but I like when candles are lit all over my apartment and everything is really clean and I'm relaxed. When I was a teen if someone told me that I would think it was gay or just boring.

• Members

Yes, you will be old, fat and probably bald one day just like the rest of us geezers. You will probably be married, have a family, house, and a demanding job to support all that, which doesn't allow time to hit the gym every day (those who do are the exception). You will grow to like voluptuous women. But remember, we're still guitar players & you know what they say ... chicks still dig us.

HT

• Members

Yes, you will be old, fat and probably bald one day just like the rest of us geezers. You will probably be married, have a family, house, and a demanding job to support all that, which doesn't allow time to hit the gym every day (those who do are the exception). You will grow to like voluptuous women. But remember, we're still guitar players & you know what they say ... chicks still dig us.

HT

I notice that older guys who are single seem to stay in shape better and keep themselves maintained. They seem happier too.

Everyone I know who is married has all these dreams of doing things they can't and won't do.

My past Lieutenant was 28. Cool as hell guy. He always wanted to hang out and hit the bars and have fun. But he never could. Everytime she'd stress him out about going and we only got to go a few times.

He practically begged me to move into his new house with him and his wife. He wanted a roommate and to have fun like he did in his college days. But I wouldn't do it. I can't live with his wife and I don't want to deal with his kids.

He loves his kids but I can tell he wishes he could get away from them. He wants a divorce so bad that's all he talks about. I never want to be that guy.

He gets jealous over me because I have more money because I don't have a family to take care of and that I'm patient and smart about getting in relationships. He knew this girl for 7 days and married her.

• Members

Aside from the gaining weight thing, I've noticed that I definitely don't recover from injuries like I did 10 years ago.
I used to ride BMX all through highschool, and crashing and getting beaten up was a normal part of the game. I would crash HARD and get right back up and do it again.

A few years ago, when I was 24, I tried to get back into it. This was after a few years of intensive weight and aerobic training, so I was definitely in the best shape o my life. I did well for a few weeks, but then I crashed once, not that hard, and was limping for 2 weeks. When you get old, you just don't bounce like you did when you were 16.

• Members

I somehow missed your/this thread Chris. Man, I don't even know where to start. :freak:
If you eat healthy, exercise, don't drink or use drugs excessively, and keep listening to music you like, you'll be fine. I can't believe you're 26 already! You were 24 when I signed up here. I can't believe it's been that long.
Hey, before I go further here-

Do you have a girlfriend? :confused:

• Members

I notice that older guys who are single seem to stay in shape better and keep themselves maintained. They seem happier too.

Everyone I know who is married has all these dreams of doing things they can't and won't do.

My past Lieutenant was 28. Cool as hell guy. He always wanted to hang out and hit the bars and have fun. But he never could. Everytime she'd stress him out about going and we only got to go a few times.

... He wants a divorce so bad that's all he talks about. I never want to be that guy.

...He knew this girl for 7 days and married her

Sorry, but your friend is an idiot.

That's a terrible example.

Also - studies have shown that men in general are happier when married than single.

• Members

Sorry, but your friend is an idiot.

That's a terrible example.

No {censored} he is.

But that's just one of many I have that are like that. Some waited much longer to get married but they all feel the same way honestly.

My friend Robby just got married. Been friends since 1st grade. Now that he's married I don't see us ever hanging out again.

• Members

You will grow to like voluptuous women.

Fail.

If you liked 'em athletic and proportionate when you were younger you will like 'em that way when you get older; likewise if you liked 'em more rubenesque when you were younger you will likely prefer teh plumpers when you get older.

Subtitle #1: One's appreciation for the physical aspects of women doesn't change once your nads drop. I will concede one's selectivity on the basis of mental and emotional aspects does change: the degree with which you will put up with bull{censored} is inversely proportional to your age.

Subtitle #2: Don't try to float your fetish for cows as some kind of evolution/growth -- it ain't. :poke:

• Members

No {censored} he is.

But that's just one of many I have that are like that. Some waited much longer to get married but they all feel the same way honestly.

Can you imagine how they would feel if they were single? They only envy you because its something they *can't* have. Who wants to be a lonely old man?

My parents got divorced and it was supposedly good for them. Now my dad is a homeless drug addict. I bet he's glad he is single again:thu:

• Members

Don't look forward and think "I'll be 40 soon" ... live in the moment.

Don't stress about what you should be doing or rather what other people think you should be doing.

The only thing holding you back is weak mindedness....I was in better shape in my mid30s than any other time of my life....until I f'ked my knee over :D

That's taking a long time to heal, the only true downside of the aging process but I'm getting there....dropped 20lbs, took 2 inches of my waist and put 2 on my chest over a very small amount of time (I'm 39, 6'1", 178lbs)....just by making time to eat right and exercise....I made 20/30 min daily workout programs 'coz as a family guy I knew spending hours on it couldn't work for me.

• Members
I somehow missed your/this thread Chris. Man, I don't even know where to start.
:freak:
If you eat healthy, exercise, don't drink or use drugs excessively, and keep listening to music you like, you'll be fine. I can't believe you're 26 already! You were 24 when I signed up here. I can't believe it's been that long.

Hey, before I go further here-

Do you have a girlfriend?
:confused:

Time flies yeah!

I have a girl that I am seeing. Which basically means we do things together, have sex, etc. I am trying to keep it from getting serious as I am not attracted to her enough to where I could think about marrying her. We'll see how long it lasts...

I am glad people are being honest about their experiences with age. I am glad to hear those who are optomistic..... Yes, I need to stop being so nostalgic all the time, and start living in the moment.

• Members
Time flies yeah!

I have a girl that I am seeing. Which basically means we do things together, have sex, etc. I am trying to keep it from getting serious as I am not attracted to her enough to where I could think about marrying her. We'll see how long it lasts...

Start dating divorced chicks in their 30s that have kids you can stand- much less "rock"/ baby makin' pressure and more bangin' skillz :cop::love:

• Members
rawdog bootyseckz?
:love::cop::p

Well, she is using the ring now. I was rawdogging her(not booty style), which was about the stupidest thing I have done in my life. I was withdrawling though.

The ring is good.

Thing is, she just turned 30 last week, so she is getting to the age where I don't want to waste her time if I know nothing serious will come of it because of me.

Archived