OT: For the Older guys on here....

Chrisjd

• Members
Well, she is using the ring now. I was rawdogging her(not booty style), which was about the stupidest thing I have done in my life. I was withdrawling though.

The ring is good.

Thing is, she just turned 30 last week, so she is getting to the age where I don't want to waste her time if I know nothing serious will come of it because of me.

Is she 30, never married and have no kids? Cause she may bring teh "rock pressure" like a muthafugga :cop::rolleyes::cry:

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I was rawdogging her(not booty style), which was about the stupidest thing I have done in my life. I was withdrawling though.

You're a nice guy Chris but still with the russian roulette? :facepalm: Glad to hear she decided to be the birth control boss 'cause you gots teh dumbs in that dept. :poke:

• Members
I will be turning 26 in a few weeks, seems like time is starting to fly. Don't know that I want to get older.

I have a few friends who are older than me, some in their mid 30s. I hear a lot of them gripe about feeling like they have slowed down a bit, that their bodies hold onto weight easier, and that they can't abuse themselves like they once could.

What are your thoughts on this? Are these observations true for many of you? Or is it more an issue of people becoming more sedentary as they age, thus not taking care of themselves?

Scares me to think of declining physically.....

Bwha! Wait until you reach your 60's! I still play out every week, and maintain a 40 hour per week day job, plus band practice, etc.
If you take care of yourself...somewhat, it may not catch up with you as fast. However, every person's body reacts differently to aging, so it is really the luck of the draw.

One thing I have found out is that playing the heavier Les Pauls that were prevalent from the late 1960's through the late 1990's until weight became of concern for me has caused arthritis in my neck. Now I only play carbon fiber guitars weighing 5 pounds. BUT!, they actually sound, feel, and play better then those Les Pauls did. Too bad they just came out recently. :facepalm:

• Members
Bwha! Wait until you reach your 60's! I still play out every week, and maintain a 40 hour per week day job, plus band practice, etc.

If you take care of yourself...somewhat, it may not catch up with you as fast. However, every person's body reacts differently to aging, so it is really the luck of the draw.

One thing I have found out is that playing the heavier Les Pauls that were prevalent from the late 1960's through the late 1990's until weight became of concern for me has caused arthritis in my neck. Now I only play carbon fiber guitars weighing 5 pounds. BUT!, they actually sound, feel, and play better then those Les Pauls did. Too bad they just came out recently.
:facepalm:

What carbon fiber guitars are you playing? I have a CA Legacy/Vintage acoustic that I like a lot.

• Members

Chris, getting a young, cute, girlfriend will work wonders in helping you avoid dealing with and feeling that you're getting older.
I LOVE dating younger gals. (Not pedobear young) early 20's is fine.
A 30 year old is just begging for a serious gig. 26 is too young to settle down.
Damn, it's really ashame you don't live closer.
I could hook you up with the perfect girl man.
I'm a real life Hitch. I've set up my best friends with almost every girlfriend they've ever had since middle school. For some reason, I do GREAT talking to girls. Too good almost. When can you take a vacation? :cop:
I'm looking at houses now. When I get moved in, you should come stay a while. My girlfriend has some very nice friends. :idea:
Her best friend Alexis can play guitar really well too. She would be canidate #1 for you as she's VERY fond of my Cobra. :lol:

• Members
Chris, getting a young, cute, girlfriend will work wonders in helping you avoid dealing with and feeling that you're getting older.

I LOVE dating younger gals. (Not pedobear young) early 20's is fine.

A 30 year old is just begging for a serious gig. 26 is too young to settle down.

Damn, it's really ashame you don't live closer.

I could hook you up with the perfect girl man.

I'm a real life Hitch. I've set up my best friends with almost every girlfriend they've ever had since middle school. For some reason, I do GREAT talking to girls. Too good almost. When can you take a vacation?
:cop:
I'm looking at houses now. When I get moved in, you should come stay a while. My girlfriend has some very nice friends.
:idea:
Her best friend Alexis can play guitar really well too. She would be canidate #1 for you as she's VERY fond of my Cobra.
:lol:

LOL, hell yeah man. What state are you in, again? That would be fun. A real life hitch would be an interesting guy to hang around. I have always done pretty good with the ladies, but I would be a fool to say that I don't have room to improve.

Mainly though, it would be fun to jam....

• Members

I will be turning 26 in a few weeks, seems like time is starting to fly. Don't know that I want to get older.

I have a few friends who are older than me, some in their mid 30s. I hear a lot of them gripe about feeling like they have slowed down a bit, that their bodies hold onto weight easier, and that they can't abuse themselves like they once could.

What are your thoughts on this? Are these observations true for many of you? Or is it more an issue of people becoming more sedentary as they age, thus not taking care of themselves?

Scares me to think of declining physically.....

So... let's see....

I'm 49.

There is no question that when I drink (or whatever), I pay a much steeper price than I did when I was say... 25, but I still recover relatively well...

I definitely have to eat less to maintain my weight even though I still exercise a lot. Hell... I run marathons and I still have to be careful.

When I wake up and get out of bed, I have more aches and pains then I did when I was in my 20s and early 30s, but it doesn't really slow me down.

But....

In general, I feel great.

However....

I've been a hardcore bike racer/runner/triathlete since I was 27. I also eat really carefully and in reasonable portions 5 days a week. The other 2 days, I eat whatever I want. While I am certainly not nearly as fast as I was when I was younger (17:40 5K, etc...), I have kept up a serious amount of training - weights, running, cycling over time including serious interval training, etc. This has (I believe) allowed me to maintain a lot more health and physical ability than many my age. In fact, I'm probably in much better shape than most lazy ass 20 year olds (not saying all 20 year olds are lazy - I just mean that I'm in better shape than the ones who are)... I just ran a pretty hilly marathon in 3:56, which put me in the top 10% of finishers of ANY age.

Now...

Even I don't work out like I did when I was in my 20s doing 7 miles of swimming, 250 miles of cycling and 50 miles of running a week. I have more responsibilities now in my job and my life. I can't just blow my whole weekend training. That is one thing that getting older mandates. You get married, maybe have kids, job responsibilities increase, etc... But, if you don't stay active, you're gonna get fat and you're gonna start feeling OLD...

So....

I believe that if you eat well and exercise, you will feel the effects of aging MUCH, MUCH less. You'll have better health, more energy, still be able to party, even as you get older. Of course, no matter what you do, you are gonna inevitably feel some of the effects of aging. And eventually, we all get taken down by time. The key is to do the right things to feel younger as you age...

Steve

• Members

So... let's see....

I'm 49.

There is no question that when I drink (or whatever), I pay a much steeper price than I did when I was say... 25, but I still recover relatively well...

I definitely have to eat less to maintain my weight even though I still exercise a lot. Hell... I run marathons and I still have to be careful.

When I wake up and get out of bed, I have more aches and pains then I did when I was in my 20s and early 30s, but it doesn't really slow me down.

But....

In general, I feel great.

However....

I've been a hardcore bike racer/runner/triathlete since I was 27. I also eat really carefully and in reasonable portions 5 days a week. The other 2 days, I eat whatever I want. While I am certainly not nearly as fast as I was when I was younger (17:40 5K, etc...), I have kept up a serious amount of training - weights, running, cycling over time including serious interval training, etc. This has (I believe) allowed me to maintain a lot more health and physical ability than many my age. In fact, I'm probably in much better shape than most lazy ass 20 year olds (not saying all 20 year olds are lazy - I just mean that I'm in better shape than the ones who are)... I just ran a pretty hilly marathon in 3:56, which put me in the top 10% of finishers of ANY age.

Now...

Even I don't work out like I did when I was in my 20s doing 7 miles of swimming, 250 miles of cycling and 50 miles of running a week. I have more responsibilities now in my job and my life. I can't just blow my whole weekend training. That is one thing that getting older mandates. You get married, maybe have kids, job responsibilities increase, etc... But, if you don't stay active, you're gonna get fat and your gonna start feeling OLD...

So....

I believe that if you eat well and exercise, you will feel the effects of aging MUCH, MUCH less. You'll have better health, more energy, still be able to party, even as you get older. Of course, no matter what you do, you are gonna inevitably feel some of the effects of aging. And eventually, we all get taken down by time. The key is to do the right things to feel younger as you age...

Steve

Wow Steve, great post. Sounds like you have done things the right way. I hope that I follow a similar path.

You ran a 17 minute 5k? thats a great time! I ran a 5k 2 weeks ago, took me 22 or so minutes and I definitely pushed myself to my limit.

• Members
Never would've guessed. I've watched all your vids and when I saw the last one with you, Steve and Ledfoot, I thought all you guys were in your early 30's. {censored} I guess that makes Steve in his 40's too then huh? I'm only guessing that since I know he used to go out and play in the 80's. It must be all the sex and beer that makes you guys look so young
:lol:
Afterall, that is the fountain of youth...at least that is what my pop told me
:D

I'm 49 brudda... The grey hair usually gives me away... See my previous post...

Steve

• Members

Wow Steve, great post. Sounds like you have done things the right way. I hope that I follow a similar path.

You ran a 17 minute 5k? thats a great time! I ran a 5k 2 weeks ago, took me 22 or so minutes and I definitely pushed myself to my limit.

I used to do 5K-30K-5K run-bike-run duathlons. I'd run a sub-18 minute 5K and then average 24-25 MPH on the bike for 30K and then another early 18 minute 5K.... I trained like a complete nut back then and had some moderate genetics for running/biking...

Just to give you an idea - the best I could do at 5K recently was 20:40... I still train just as hard as far as heart rate goes and it still hurts every bit as much - I just go slower for the same effort. Nothing you can do about it! Part of the process of life...

Steve

• Members

I used to do 5K-30K-5K run-bike-run duathlons. I'd run a sub-18 minute 5K and then average 24-25 MPH on the bike for 30K and then another early 18 minute 5K.... I trained like a complete nut back then and had some moderate genetics for running/biking...

Steve

That's nuts. I am fit and strong, but I can't see myself running those times. You must be lean and light.

• Members

Steve

I always picture you as The Dude in your avatar...and I totally just pictured The Dude running a 5k in a bathrobe holding a White Russian.

It was pretty epic.

• Members

Impressive Steve. I've never been a great runner, having a Gimli like physique. Never stopped me from trying, I used to do the Bloomsday race each year (12k-ish ?), typically in 56 or 57 minutes, which for me was pretty good (I was actually a smoker back in those days :facepalm:). So when I heard you run 5k in 17 minutes I just about fell off my chair, awesome!!

• Members
Impressive Steve. I've never been a great runner, having a Gimli like physique. Never stopped me from trying, I used to do the Bloomsday race each year (12k-ish ?), typically in 56 or 57 minutes, which for me was pretty good (I was actually a smoker back in those days
:facepalm:
). So when I heard you run 5k in 17 minutes I just about fell off my chair, awesome!!

You do teh rubber bantz in teh park.

• Members
Is she teh seckzy though?? That is teh question.....

Actually she is -- even my boss asked me the other day "Who is that chick that meets you for workouts?". When we walk down to the park guys are rubber necking all over the place, it's pretty funny actually -- we actually say a guy walking backwards so he could keep gawking at her. :lol:

Archived