Custom Madness

Duesentrieb

• Members

I've collected 4 Les Paul Customs lately. My old '76er came back to me and additionally I've got lately an Edwards JS model, an Orville by Gibson 57 RI and an Epiphone (MIJ) LPC90. Here's a vid thru my DIY Combo (lead channel obviously). Was recorded at super low volume, so I had to boost it up 24dB, which makes the normal backround noise a bit too loud . . .anyway. The Ed was out of tune and I {censored}ed up the mighty Emerald here and there, Lizzy guys - forgive me :D

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

4customs.JPG

• Members
Is that an epiphone elitist?

:cop:

FujiGen produced Orvilles and Orville by Gibson in the 90s - both companies - obviously - were part of Gibson. Gibson then decided to brand them Epiphone between 1998 and 2000 or so. Those are the years with the headstock looking like the typical Gibson headstock. Those guitars, made by Orville, are at least on the same level as US Gibsons - lots of them grey-exported from Japan to europe and the US. Gibson then decided to stop Fujigen production and moved their brand to Korea - and the guitars weren't as good. More like what we know from Epiphone today.
The Elitists have a similar headstock to the current Epiphone headstock, not this open book thing.

• Members
DAMN that sounds sick (amazing)

Wouldnt expect that sound out of a Duesy....I thought they were all politician tones (looking at the website...I was wrong...and now I have GAS). The end of the video is awesome.
:thu:

Merci.

I'm located in the land of the Krauts btw.

• Members

You have good tastes my friend! :thu:

I liked the clips, but my favorite was the Gibby.

I have to say, those Orvilles and Epiphone MIJs look really nice. Is there anywhere to find them? I have been looking for a backup guitar to gig with that is identical to my Custom, just with a lower price tag. BTW, if you don't mind, how much did you pick up the Orville and the Epi for?

• Members

Thanks guys.

Sources: ObGs and Orvilles (along with Edwards) can be (more or less) easily found on US ebay.

A lot cheaper is to import them from Japan though.

Ishibashi - U - box (biggest store in Japan, they have a used market)

http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/u_box/e/

(you need to look there daily to find something good)

or

www.digimart.net (a community of stores and their used stuff)

I've paid 1100 Euros for the ObG here: www.japanguitars.co.uk

and 500 Euros for the LPC90 Epi/FujiGen, which is awesome.

Hi Shea btw :)

• Members

Shipping it forth and back would kill aynthing reasonable. Sorry. Or are you in he UK? Thats a different story then . . .

Family in Germany...The amp would, however, use US voltage (120v, 60hz).

We have packages going back and forth all the time...you'd receive from, and ship to, a Berlin address.

Archived