OT: NPP? Really? :freak:

mcr23

• Members

Also, red vs blue has gone too far when we can't all acknowledge that our president winning the Nobel Prize is a
good thing.

Winning a Nobel Prize for absolutely nothing at all save the color of your skin and your unwarranted popularity is NEVER a "good thing", and renders the NPP a complete joke and embarrassment, red or blue be damned.

• Members

I'm pretty solid "blue" and I :facepalm:ed when I saw the news... but then again, these aren't Americans deciding this {censored}, so it's not like the Dems are to blame or something, although I'm sure that won't stop many from casting it that way.

No, he doesn't deserve it; he hasn't done anything to warrant it... give him his full time in office and we shall see.

• Members

I have a problem when politicians win the NPP. I mean, it's their job. They are in a position to be diplomatic, affect policy, affect changes etc. I think the NPP should go to people fighting in the trenches against impossible odds.
Also, from a political standpoint, I'll bet Obama deep down is not too psyched to have won it, as it will immediately draw fire, as it should.

• Members

What most people in this thread aren't getting is that the only people who feel Obama "hasn't done anything" are the people in this country.

The better part of the world LOVES this guy and looks at the U.S. electing him as a huge step forward in our foreign policy.

That is enough.

I agree with most of the "wtf" sentiment in this thread, but only because I see how nothing has REALLY changed in the last 10 months (except get worse), but the thing is, it didn't matter who got elected, things would still be getting worse to a point. There's only so much sandbagging you can do when the water keeps rising. Sometimes, you end up taking flood damage.

• Members

Once again, the academic world has rendered itself moot. As if that didn't happen the first time around with Gore.

Our world fails so hardcore.

On a positive note, Obama did such a great job in Copenhagen that we got Chicago picked for the Olympics!

Oh, wait...:facepalm:

• Members

I'm pretty solid "blue" and I :facepalm:ed when I saw the news... but then again, these aren't Americans deciding this {censored}, so it's not like the Dems are to blame or something, although I'm sure that won't stop many from casting it that way.

No, he doesn't deserve it; he hasn't done anything to warrant it... give him his full time in office and we shall see.

GET OUT OF MY MIND

• Members
What most people in this thread aren't getting is that the only people who feel Obama "hasn't done anything" are the people in this country.

The better part of the world LOVES this guy and looks at the U.S. electing him as a huge step forward in our foreign policy.

That is enough.

I agree with most of the "wtf" sentiment in this thread, but only because I see how nothing has REALLY changed in the last 10 months (except get worse), but the thing is, it didn't matter who got elected, things would still be getting worse to a point. There's only so much sandbagging you can do when the water keeps rising. Sometimes, you end up taking flood damage.

I actually agree with a portion of your post, but i DO think that the guys 'luster' around the world is NOT as big as you think. Is he more liked than previous adminstration? Yes i agree but i think the world has 'cooled on him' in recent months, i really do.

From Russia and the cold reception he got there (They didnt even shake his hand on a welcoming line) to eastern Europe being upset over the defense/missle last month, to the olympics and Chicago going out in the 1st round (People thought they would win) to the actual "ooos + ahhhs" made when he won the NPP (Thers a clip and the crowd was shocked)

Heres a atricle just yesterday about the guy - then he wins the NPP :lol:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091008/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_obama_s_woes_analysis_1

Im just saying its 'tough' to measure how much hes liked, i do think hes liked, i just dont think its LOVED as some say.

:idk:

Archived