Why do many straight edge/drug free people drink mass amounts of energy drinks?

LA-Ü-RA

• Members

I noticed it first with some of my friends who are now in in AA/NA and I also noticed many straight edge younger folks who drink tons of that stuff. What is the scoop? Those drinks are not healthy and they can be "habit forming" also so....

Just curious.

Yeah, I know CSS!:thu:

• Members

I noticed it first with some of my friends who are now in in AA/NA and I also noticed many straight edge younger folks who drink tons of that stuff. What is the scoop? Those drinks are not healthy and they are somewhat addictive also.

Just curious.

Yeah, I know CSS!
:thu:

I think this will answer your question

[YOUTUBE]qRuNxHqwazs[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

Because they're hypocrites. Apparently legal mind-altering substances are just fine as long as we're not talking alcohol. If someone does not want to partake in drugs/alcohol, that's fine, but man those straight-edgers are preachy (and VIOLENT!)

This.....I think it is cool and all to be straight edge but what the {censored} is with the violence. So its either a) I do drugs and am semi-normal or b) I am straight-edge, I am going to make sure everyone around me knows it, and if me and my buddies see you getting {censored}ed up we are going to try and fight you. Why is option "b" so cool to some kids these days?

• Members

Addicts have to fill their prior addiction with a new addiction. Whether that be sex, shopping, energy drinks, or what not. There always has to be some sort of addiction. Always.

+1000 I am a recovering alcoholic and former smoker. I ingest caffiene like crazy. It has definetely taken the place of the the alcohol and nicotine. That and food. Some people also fill their addiction needs with more positive things. But I firmly believe I will always be "addicted" to something. It is just the personality I have.

• Members

How many straight edge kids does it take to drink a case of beer?

One, when his friends aren't around. :o

• Members

ha! that's hilarious.

man.. i don't even KNOW any straightedge kids anymore.. didn't that go the way of gorilla biscuits?

funny though-- a lot of the straight edgers i knew from times past are some of the most egregious stoners nowadays! i used to be pretty much there-- but now i be just a moderate drinkin' vegetarian dude. punk rock was seldom the path of moderation..

• Members

Because they're hypocrites. Apparently legal mind-altering substances are just fine as long as we're not talking alcohol. If someone does not want to partake in drugs/alcohol, that's fine, but man those straight-edgers are preachy (and VIOLENT!)

If you have an addictive personality, it is regardless of the legality of the substance. Addictions that become a problematic dependance are usually a symptom of a much bigger problem, which in turn increases the gravity of the original problem - ironically. It is common to see addicts also have some sort of disorder or other underlying issues.

Energy dinks are much cleaner to begind with, since they do not induce the same effects as illegal narcotics. In fact, their effects are very mild and are usually jitters ending with a crash. That is hardly a life-destroying effect when compared to other narcotics.

-D

• Members

ha! that's hilarious.

man.. i don't even KNOW any straightedge kids anymore.. didn't that go the way of gorilla biscuits?

funny though-- a lot of the straight edgers i knew from times past are some of the most egregious stoners nowadays! i used to be pretty much there-- but now i be just a moderate drinkin' vegetarian dude. punk rock was seldom the path of moderation..

20020313.jpg

Archived