NEW GUITAR: Hammer DROPPED....what can it be?????

thefyn

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah the strin price is a drawback. What were the quality of the strings? Do they break much? I am a bit of a demon on the whammeh bra.

The strings were perfectly fine. I didn't notice any problems with them. I've not had a string snap on me in over 10 years, so wasn't worried. They're DR strings I believe? The price just put me off!

• Members

yeah the speedloaders are actually a cool design.. But the fact that there is so little strings available has to be the reason it didnt really catch on.. I havent checked lately, but I know there was only Floyd Rose and D Addario or Dean Markley making those strings for the Speedloader.. Maybe fender too... I've heard you can swap all 6 in like a minute..

One reason why I didn't buy a speedloader trem when I replaced the worn out floyd in my strat. I like the idea and design, but I don't like that I can only choose one or two brands of strings to put on. I'm an Ernie Ball guy, as far as I know they aren't making speedloader strings, so that was a major turn off.

As far as those guitars go, I played one breifly in a music shop, they are actually decent instruments, but the overall look is goofy. I hate that headstock design.

• Members

Why green and brown ?

green and pearl might look ok, but that green..with that brownish thing is horrible.

This. Take any one thing in isolation and you have a potentially cool and unusual guitar. Put them all together and it's like an anxiety attack you get in the middle of the night trying to sleep, having eating a package of bacon after accidentally killing the $30 crack whore you rented in a scuffle over a missing brass zippo.

Archived