NEW GUITAR: Hammer DROPPED....what can it be?????

thefyn

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That looks ALOT like the Floyd Rose guitars that came out about 4-5 years ago and dont laugh but i played a couple that actually played pretty good

http://cgi.ebay.com/Signed-Floyd-Rose-Discovery-Series-Guitar-w-Speedloader_W0QQitemZ270508084947QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item3efb89ced3

Looks pretty close to me

:idk:

Yep. But it is not the discovery series. It is the USA "Redmond" series.

• Members

wouldn't it be kinda a pain in the butt to tune it exclusively at the trem or no?

definitely a conversations piece-- kinda like a steinberger or a parker.. both of those are fantastic playing guitars, but it IS a little.. odd looking. but shit.. if it's a killer player..

HNGD-- with or without hcaf aesthetic approval :D

• Members

Pickguard looks similar to an old Ibanez Roadster.. Not exact, but I wonder if it would com close enough to work with a few little adjustments.. ibanez.JPG

Otherwise making a pickguard isnt that hard especially considering you have one to build off of.. A router is all thats needed.. If you are having a hard time finding a replacement pickguard for a decent price let me know and I could probably help you out..

• Members

wouldn't it be kinda a pain in the butt to tune it exclusively at the trem or no?

definitely a conversations piece-- kinda like a steinberger or a parker.. both of those are fantastic playing guitars, but it IS a little.. odd looking. but shit.. if it's a killer player..

HNGD-- with or without hcaf aesthetic approval
:D

There is no need to tune these up. They go to pitch as soon as you put the strings in. Then all you need is a fine tune adjustment. Like a normal floyd :thu:

What other guitars came with those? I know they made a pegless BCrich or two.

• Members

+1, I always loathed tuning at the bridge. But I never really got on with Floyds in general.

I don't think it's bad, aesthetically. I approve of the black pickguard on there. Or white. The tortoiseshell just doesn't work on the trans-green. Other than that, it's a Strat with a Floyd and a nifty headstock- I like the look of the cutout, actually.

I always liked Parkers, speaking of, but I never got on with them tone-wise. I would play one if they didn't sound so thin to me. It doesn't help their cause that I'd always put them up against a Les Paul or the like, though. :D

• Members

There is no need to tune these up. They go to pitch as soon as you put the strings in. Then all you need is a fine tune adjustment. Like a normal floyd
:thu:

yeah the speedloaders are actually a cool design.. But the fact that there is so little strings available has to be the reason it didnt really catch on.. I havent checked lately, but I know there was only Floyd Rose and D Addario or Dean Markley making those strings for the Speedloader.. Maybe fender too... I've heard you can swap all 6 in like a minute..

• Members

There is no need to tune these up. They go to pitch as soon as you put the strings in. Then all you need is a fine tune adjustment. Like a normal floyd
:thu:

what if i don't want to play in standard tuning?

• Members

[YOUTUBE]LzC3oAQoX00[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

yeah the speedloaders are actually a cool design.. But the fact that there is so little strings available has to be the reason it didnt really catch on.. I havent checked lately, but I know there was only Floyd Rose and D Addario or Dean Markley making those strings for the Speedloader.. Maybe fender too... I've heard you can swap all 6 in like a minute..

Yarp. I am getting 4 sets from the dudes who sold me the guitar. And I will be on the lookout for boxes of the strings as they pop up now and then.

• Members

what if i don't want to play in standard tuning?

I did some research on these because I was thinking of building a headless guitar using this system... apparently you can tune to whatever you want; the tuning system is kinda weird and I don't remember how it works but yeah.

• Members

Pickguard looks similar to an old Ibanez Roadster.. Not exact, but I wonder if it would com close enough to work with a few little adjustments..
ibanez.JPG

Otherwise making a pickguard isnt that hard especially considering you have one to build off of.. A router is all thats needed.. If you are having a hard time finding a replacement pickguard for a decent price let me know and I could probably help you out..

You are a bloody good bloke you know that?

I'm going to be using it in the studio for cleans and some solos (you know EMG;s can be a little fuzzy). But if I fall in love with it and it can do thrash ryth, I'll throw some bucks in your direction to cut a pickguard. Hell, I would probably need a new one to sell it on anyway, haha.

• Members

You are a bloody good bloke you know that?

I'm going to be using it in the studio for cleans and some solos (you know EMG;s can be a little fuzzy). But if I fall in love with it and it can do thrash ryth, I'll throw some bucks in your direction to cut a pickguard. Hell, I would probably need a new one to sell it on anyway, haha.

Lol! Thanks.. But Im Just helping out man.. I know some custom pickguard makers are expensive.. And its a pretty simple process if you have the right tools(which I do), so why not help out ya'know..

Seriously if you need it done, you would just have to send me the pickguard thats on there now, get some blank pickguard material, I'd clamp or use double stick tape to fasten the old pickguard on the blank and I'd just follow the shape of the old pickguard with a router.. Would literally take 20-30 minutes..

Archived